Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

If you can't afford it - don't do it!!! **UPDATE**

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:22 PM
  • 20 Replies

OK quick summary :: I "dated" this guy for like a week in HS and he's sweet talked me ever since, his Grandmother worked at my families business for a few years. I don't go out of my way to talk to him because he's a sleeze and he annoys me, and yes, I've made it known to him.

He tells me that he's finally getting married. O_o He wants my shop to do his flowers. o_O He and his fiance come in and I talk with them for an hour or more. They're getting married in October of this year, OK, I need a deposit by June 1st. Well that comes and goes, I emailed him and said that we need it within the week. He goes on about how he really doesn't have a job, that they won't be going to anyone else, he'll get it by that coming weekend he said. Fine, whatever. Well that comes and goes and I talk to him again, he basically says that he has mortgage and other bills to pay that are more important. Then why the hell are you planning on a wedding!?!? Come to find out, they aren't getting married where they intended, now it's going to be in their backyard.. and that possibly there won't be a wedding at all. Are you friggin kidding me?!

I sent him another email telling him that he had to pay by Friday June 28th or he loses the date with us. He texted me last night saying he would be in today and that we need to calm down, blah blah blah. He comes in today with his slick b.s. talk and how his power was shut off and they're trying and blah blah blah. Then goes into how his fiance wants to go over things about the wedding because the price isn't what we talked about blah blah blah. They had a $500 budget .. we gave a family discount on top of not charging them full price on items. That just isn't enough for them and he goes on to tell me that he could go some where else by the end of the day, get what they want and spend more. I told him fine, handed him his $50 back and told him to go that I didn't want his business. He was shocked and said no, take it, he was going to use our business.

I told him that his fiance needs to contact me (not by my personal phone like he's been trying to) and set up an appointment to fine tune everything and so on. I also told him that I need a payment every other week and that the balance needs to zero two weeks prior to the wedding. I was not moving on my terms, if he didn't like it that I will refund his money in a second.

Why would you plan a wedding, still having relationship issues, still not working, and so on?! It's stupid! DF and I are not married yet because he has financial things on his end that he needs to straighten out that I don't want associated with me. We decided that we want to get married in the courthouse and then save for a small wedding/reception/honeymoon for the following year. We don't want to become further in debt because we want an actual wedding and so on.

I am so fed up with this guy!!! Any other place would have upped the deposit on him for making them wait a month for a deposit. Not to mention, he wouldn't be getting a break, his just over $500 wedding would be nearly $700.

eye rolling

Here we are, just over two weeks away from the wedding and guess what!?!? All we have received was a $50 deposit and a bunch of B.S. lines from both of them. I am so over it. I sent them both an email today telling them that they had until this Friday to pay the balance ($450something) or we wouldn't be doing their wedding. Some of the flowers aren't hard to get, but some are, to ensure that we have them we  have to order them no later than this coming Monday, which means we have to pay for them!! The wholesalers have changed their routes, so we would have to get the flowers way early in the week of the wedding........ blah blah blah.

So far I haven't heard anything from either of them. It just ticks me off that the both of them would do this, old friends or not. If you have to get your butts out of debt once you started your new job, maybe you should have pushed your wedding date a bit further down the road to ensure that you can pay for it..... and in a timely fashion!!

Speak of the devil!! The "friend" is calling me now on my cell phone, guess he has forgotten my conversation about not calling me on my personal phone about his wedding. Ugh.

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto3boys85
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Next time he comes in making excuses cut all ties with him. He sounds shady and not to be trusted as in he has no intentions of paying you for services at all or just trying to waste your time. I agree completely with you, sounds like you have bent over backwards to help them out and they are doing nothing but making excuses.

dancingthrulife
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:46 PM

it suxs stuff is to pricy..they are prolly having a real ahrd time..u lost ur job or ur car breaks down..its a week pay to get started to fix it at the shop..meanwhile ur kids needs new shoes for the summer and shorts...on and on..if u cant get to work after 3 days ur boss doesnt wanna see u around anymore..and who care about ur fmaily, baby on the way...i feel for the guy srry...

dancingthrulife
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:47 PM

i do thin ur being good to him..maybe they should wait..its not for us to say..i planned my wedding in a week and a half.my dh had no part in planning it. i was 5 months preggo and wanted it done..loved him since i was 16..;] already had two kdis and not married..so i wanted to be married this time..

AMY
BF mama to 4...Ivy-Rose 9 Arwinn 7 Lily-Anna 2 and Clara 10 months old. ~~~~~
anotherhalf
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this

You are going to get screwed.  At the first missed payment, I'd cancel the contract and get a customer for that date who will actually pay.

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:03 PM
This 100%

Quoting anotherhalf:

You are going to get screwed.  At the first missed payment, I'd cancel the contract and get a customer for that date who will actually pay.

Garnet_Iris11
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:13 AM
He says he's working for a landscaping business.. but then says he doesnt have a job unti mid-August when he begins with Sheriffs dept. He hasn't had a job in over a year. His fiance pays for everything from what it seems. Neither of them have children. She moved in with him in his house he bought 8 or so years ago. I had a great paying job that he walked away from.

Quoting dancingthrulife:

it suxs stuff is to pricy..they are prolly having a real ahrd time..u lost ur job or ur car breaks down..its a week pay to get started to fix it at the shop..meanwhile ur kids needs new shoes for the summer and shorts...on and on..if u cant get to work after 3 days ur boss doesnt wanna see u around anymore..and who care about ur fmaily, baby on the way...i feel for the guy srry...

Garnet_Iris11
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:15 AM
We typically dont do contracts seeing as our weddings havent been over $1,000. But I am drafting one just for them this weekend.

Quoting anotherhalf:

JTE11
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

It's better for you if he goes to another place. You need a dependable customer, not excuses. He obviously thought his overwhelming charm would woo you into dealing with his BS. I can see no good thing coming from dealing with these people. They can't even figure out how to pay for the wedding flowers, how are they going to have a household? Geez.

bizebe
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:35 PM

All I will say is common sense isnt so common anymore..lol I can see and understand your frustration . It makes you wonder why people do the things they do and why in the world they dont think things thru first. My stepdaughter just got married n had a big wedding but yet there cars are needing to be worked on and there going to Hawaii in a week with no money for food or recreation ,but hey at  least theyll be in hawaii ..lol I told my husband why didnt they do like we did have small wedding n go some place close by then they could of gotten there car fixed,but some people have to learn the hard way I guess :)

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Ugh, what an idiot he is. And she is for marrying him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)