Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Dating a separated man and the fiasco that followed

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:50 PM
  • 61 Replies
Hey Ladies.

For the past 2 years I have been dating a man who is in the process of finalizing his divorce. This is something I was apprehensive about getting involved in, but he did seen like a wonderful guy. When we met he had been separated for over a year and said he would be divorced in 6 months. Two years later, and he's still not divorced. I don't believe there's any funny business going on, but also no rush to wrap things up. For the past year of our relationship, he would not sleep at my house, we only had sex about once a month, the dates had stopped, and I was begging to go to concerts or on trips together and always came up empty handed. I felt used and neglected and ended up taking a break from him a few months ago. I began to see an old flame, which he knew about. He just found out, at the same time that he shaped up and decided that he really wanted the relationship, that I had slept with my old fling. Now I am the bad guy and he's devastated. I'm so fed up! If he hadn't neglected our relationship in the first place, it would have never happened. Am I in the wrong here?!
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ilove907
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:52 PM
5 moms liked this
Nope, not wrong. He has to shit or get off the pot.
anotherhalf
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:52 PM

You were on a break.

lacyd75
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Nah I don't think you were in the wrong. He was basically blowing you off and you went on a break. What did he think you were gonna wait around forever while he bullshitted?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:14 PM
If you told him you were on a break then yeah.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I think you are both wrong. It seems like hes been screwing his wife and you over. If its taken this long for a divorce than hes never really wanted to be with you. And you are the bad guy as well as he is. Why would you date a married man? Your not hurting anyine but the wife. Cheaters are horriable people. And that includes you.
colmkal
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Actually, if you must know, he found out after he got married that he couldn't have kids and his wife left him because of it. It was a very sad situation and I don't consider this cheating. His wife knew he was in another relationship and he did not start to date until he was legally separated. People are so quick to throw stones.
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:58 PM

No you're not wrong, and if he wins you back he'll just revert to his old ways again, I'm pretty sure.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Divorces can take a very long time and you are clearly a mean person.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you are both wrong. It seems like hes been screwing his wife and you over. If its taken this long for a divorce than hes never really wanted to be with you. And you are the bad guy as well as he is. Why would you date a married man? Your not hurting anyine but the wife. Cheaters are horriable people. And that includes you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:34 PM
My parents divorce took 4 months if that. And im not mean dating a married man is mean. Cheating is even worse. Why would cheating be okayy? Who ever thinks cheating is okayy are down right dumb and inconsiderate to the person they are cheating on. If you dont like the relationship or feel that you love the peran you are with leave as soon as you can. Do not string the person on.

Quoting Lindalou907:

Quoting Anonymous:

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:45 PM

READ the post and her response, she wasn't cheating. If there are a lot of assets or there are children involved divorces can take a long time. Legally separated is good enough.

Quoting Anonymous:

My parents divorce took 4 months if that. And im not mean dating a married man is mean. Cheating is even worse. Why would cheating be okayy? Who ever thinks cheating is okayy are down right dumb and inconsiderate to the person they are cheating on. If you dont like the relationship or feel that you love the peran you are with leave as soon as you can. Do not string the person on.

Quoting Lindalou907:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)