Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Am I being pushed into a corner?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:47 PM
  • 26 Replies

I am 39 weeks pregnant and due to go into labor 7/6/13. My mother is hospitalized right now and cannot assist me during this labor and delivery. I also have a 2 years old son that needs to be watched over when I go into labor. I also asked my MIL for about a week (or less is she started getting on my nerves) to help after the new baby was born. She then tells me her tabs are expired and that she may not be able to help if I don't pay for her car tabs ( she lives 45 minutes away) this summer I got a really late start on buying me new son things he needs and my toddler needs summer clothes. Needless to say I don't really have $150.00 for her car tabs what should I do? Do you think I am being put in an unfair situation or should I just pay for the damn things. I feel like she is giving us no choice. Kinda pay for my tabs or I can't come down and help with the baby. 

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherhalf
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Would she pass on seeing her grandchild if you dont pay her tabs? Will she take the bus everywhere if you don't pay? Or is she just manipulating you?
Qmama206
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:59 PM

She said that she would like to drive her car down to help. It's just in such a short amount of time and the way she said it was as if her tabs are not taken care of within the first week of July she may not be able to help. It just irritates me that she would ask her child when she has a man in her life. 

Quoting anotherhalf:

Would she pass on seeing her grandchild if you dont pay her tabs? Will she take the bus everywhere if you don't pay? Or is she just manipulating you?

psych_mom
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:04 AM
3 moms liked this

How does she plan on paying for them if you guys don't?

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Well it's still abargain for you if you get a weeks worth of help. I do understand why you're irritated though!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:27 AM
1 mom liked this

instead of paying her car reg, hire a mothers helper....tell grandma if she wants to visit that bad, then have her hubby help her out. 

Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:03 AM

This. 

Quoting psych_mom:

How does she plan on paying for them if you guys don't?

dsmith909
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:40 AM

who comes first? ahh you and baby let her take care of her own deal.

dsmith909cat

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:59 AM

no, you have options

TranquilMind
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 2:50 PM

This.

I wonder why she can't pay it herself, but if you need the help, and you are going to end up paying one way or another, just do it.

Quoting Lindalou907:

Well it's still abargain for you if you get a weeks worth of help. I do understand why you're irritated though!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 30, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I say tell her you found a friend that will help you and you don't have to pay your friend for her car tags. I would rather spend the 150 on help to come in now and then. You don't really have to have her..it would just be easier. DO NOT PAY FOR HER, ESPECIALLY IF SHE HAS A MAN AND YOU HAVE OTHER THINGS YOU NEED TO BUY. I would rather do it on my own if that was the only way I could get help from a family member
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)