Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so sick of my mother...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

I haven't had contact with my mother, other than the occasional hate email I get from her, in a little over 3 years.

This morning my brother texts me and tells me that my mom is harping on facebook about me.

The reason I stopped talking to her was because, before I left her home she and I got into a physical fight over money, and my job.

I made $12.50 an hour. I worked there for almost 3 months. I gave my mother $100 in rent, for a 3 walls and a curtain, my room was 6x8...jail cell basically, and I probably paid her more than it was worth. Anyways....She started complaining that she wasn't seeing enough money, and was convinced that my employers were screwing me over, even though I told her that I made more than what I gave her, but she wasn't hearing it, and called my boss to scream at them, they were actually my friends parents, they were good to me. And they didn't want to deal with it, so she told them that I would no longer be working for them...I was 19 btw, totally out of line. And that their dd, my best friend, was no longer allowed to talk to me. She blocked all my friends on my phone, so I couldn't call anyone for help, and turned the internet off. So I confronted her because I was fucking 19, she made me lose my job, and I couldn't contact anyone to get me...so I confronted her, and told her she needed to back the fuck off and let me handle my life, and then she came at me and beat the shit out of me...so I grabbed a backpack (Since I was a kid, I always planned to run away, so I've always kept a pack ready to run...very sad life), and I had a little bit of money on me, and I took my phone, and ran out in the night, in the pouring rain. Thankfully she didn't block every single friend, and I was able to get picked up.

Then she calls everyone and their mother, trying to find out where I was at, and threatening people with the police, and that I won't make it on my own, and that I needed her and I was worthless, a drug addict, I beat her up...anything she could say to make me look like a pos. Not a single person gave me up to her.

Then I found a permanent place to stay, and I got another job, worked my ass off and in 2 months I was on my feet and on my own living with a few room mates, and I met my husband, moved in with him, got married had a child.

My mom claims that people are still hiding me from her, which is bullshit because she has my address...she has sent my son packages...unwanted btw, she got my address from a family member.

And today, she posts on her facebook that shes taking a poll about whether or not I was being used by my previous employers, and giving out false information, like, I only made $200 the whole time I worked there, and that people were hiding me...and its been 3 fucking years...fucking get over it. I'm so sick of her god damn drama. Shes acting like this happened yesterday, and still trying to bring people into it. Its crazy.....

She brings up shit that I did when I was 3 years old saying I've always been hateful because when I was 3, I took scissors to her purse because I was mad. She'll bring that up to this day....the fuck is wrong with my mom?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
psych_mom
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I think it is time to ignore her and just focus on moving on. I am sure that everyone realizes that your mom is unstable and needs some help, but there isn't much that they can do. Let your brother know that you don't want to know about any more of her drama from now on and that you are putting it behind you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Its hard to do that when everyone in my family is telling me to reconcile with her, except my dad and 2 of my brothers...but everyone is basically my mothers puppet...she literally controls everyone, makes them feel guilty about something, and they give her information about me, and she'll send me all kinds of fucking emails about how I'm an awful mother, because I got pregnant before I got married...just anything she can be critical about, and then people tell me stuff she says and no matter how many times I tell people I don't want to hear it....they just say "but its your mom, you need to know."

I mean, if cut those people out of my life, I'd have very little family left.

I've moved on with my life, everyone else just hasn't and they keep on trying to pull me back.

Quoting psych_mom:

I think it is time to ignore her and just focus on moving on. I am sure that everyone realizes that your mom is unstable and needs some help, but there isn't much that they can do. Let your brother know that you don't want to know about any more of her drama from now on and that you are putting it behind you.

anotherhalf
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:06 PM

You are definitely strong to have gotten out from under her control.  You should be very proud for overcoming that.  You know you can't change her or your family, just try to ignore it and concentrate on the good people in your life.

Miss_Mandy80
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Agreed! =)

Quoting anotherhalf:

You are definitely strong to have gotten out from under her control.  You should be very proud for overcoming that.  You know you can't change her or your family, just try to ignore it an concentrate on the good people in your life.

Cutenessmom
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:27 PM

She sounds Schizo!  Just tell her thank you for giving birth to you but you  would not like ot mend any relationship with, her and to not call anymore and not to send a package and  yes your hiding from her crazy ass.  Just pretty tell her   see  you at  your funeral have a nice life and to move on Becuase you our.

Very toic person I would never talk to again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Do not hang out if you can and do not give her any kind of  audience!

Karopie_99
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:06 AM
I would just ignore her. Getting stressed out and in a tizz like this isn't worth it! Explain to your brother you do not want to know what mom posts on fb! If she sends packages, return to sender. Her behavior is absolutely unacceptable!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:14 AM
You should cut off her and any other family member tbat keeps giving her information about you. My mom is on a similar wave of crazy herself and i cut her off a long time ago and do not regret it. Life is too short to deal with unpleasent people.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)