Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Are people REALLY this stupid? **Edit added**

Posted by   + Show Post

I ran into an ex employee who used to work for my ex husband and I. He heard that we got divorced (been 6 years already) and says "What happened to the baby you adopted with so and so? Did you guys give him back or does so and so still see him?" REALLY?? I laughed in his face and said "a child is not a puppy, you don't RETURN them when things don't work out!". I said , it's just like a divorce when you have biological child, you get child support and visitiation. He looked utterly surprised....lol. Amazing what people think about adopted children....

** Not that I NEED to explain this, but for those of you crticizing me for being divorced- my child IS growing up in a 2 parent household. His stepdad has been more of a Father in the five years he has been a part of his life than my ex has been in TEN years, My now husband attends every sporting event, every school event, does homework with him every single night, they go on fishing trips together. My ex has been to ONE soccer game in 4 years and ONE school concert. Work was and still is always more important than our son...which is ONE of the BAZILLION reasons we are divorced**

in loveGina

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I wouldn't have thought you gave them back, I would wonder if he continues to go on and see the baby or if the baby becomes full responsibility of one side or the other, since it's not biological

ms-superwoman
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Omg. Smh

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:03 PM
15 moms liked this
Prime example of stupidity.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't have thought you gave them back, I would wonder if he continues to go on and see the baby or if the baby becomes full responsibility of one side or the other, since it's not biological

jackiewal10
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:03 PM
3 moms liked this

Ignorance at it's finest.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:03 PM
12 moms liked this
See? People really are that stupid!

Quoting Anonymous:

SJG1013
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:03 PM
What an ass hat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

People are weird.  However, I have a friend who is step mom to 3 children. The children live with her and the father most of the time. He and his ex wife adopted two children and then had a bio child.  The bio mom does things ONLY with the bio chjld and leaves the other two children she adopted with the father out.  It is the most bizarre thing I have ever seen. She picks up the bio child, takes him places and expects him to get privileges from the father and step mom the other two do not get.  It is crazy. The father and stepmom treat all 3 kids equally but the court order says she only has to do things with the bio child because she refused to claim the kids she adopted with the father.  It is messed up.  The step mom is an awesome mom, but the bio kid uses his bio mom against her and his dad.  Sad situation and yes people think and do weird thinks where adopted vs bio kids are concerned. 

koalasami
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:05 PM
9 moms liked this

First off that does happen with biological children.  Second - why the hell would you think that custody of an adopted child is any different than that of a biological child.  Once a child is adopted they are treated JUST like a biological child in all ways. 

You just showed how stupid people can be - and why some people should not be allowed to have children and pass on that stupidity.

Quoting Anonymous:

mom2many747
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

That's just...wow...just wow.

Oh that's right...if they're adopted they have less of a right to a family 8-/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:08 PM
2 moms liked this

I think that would suck to be a young hormonal pregnant teen, everyone tells you you wouldn't be a good mother to your own child because your not married or have money. So you give your baby to someone else to have a stable home and they just get divorced lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)