Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Ugh My Husband!...

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 5:53 PM
  • 31 Replies

So, I am not looking for advice, but for a group of people that may have some of the same issues and is looking to have a bitch fit with me :) lol

My husband is a hard worker - works for his Dad's construction company. He is outside daily doing heavy hard work. When he gets home he is too tired to do ANYTHING & he never has hardly any patience with our son. He complains about out growing (in the belly region) some of his cloths, but never wants to go for walks with me and our son. Never wants to do exercises with me in the house (we have a perfect pull up bar and a few other small things). The guy is on in a size 30, he isn't fat, but complains all the time about not being extremely fit with a six pack and such.

He has a hobby of playing airsoft...spends quite a lot of money on it and that is very active play. He is always willing to go off with his friends to play airsoft, but if I ask him on a weekend day or after a work day to go for a walk with me and let his son ride his bike he will never do it and says he is too tired. I feel like we are not a priority to him. We are 24 & 25, so still kind of young and he still has some of his priorities out of line...but geez it drives me crazy.

He has been home with us all day and has slept majority of the day. I woke him up at 10am this morning and made him breakfast to get him to get up with me...Then after he got done eating he fell asleep on the couch. He got up off the couch at about 2 and went to the bedroom and laid down on our bed...just got out of bed again and it is almost 6! What a waste of a day!

by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I <3 airsoft myself.

MommyDearest555
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:08 PM

I personally like airsoft and is a great hobby to keep you in shape generally with all the running around, but I am not invited to play with them...it is a guy thing to get a way from the wives and kids. :(

My husband, his cousin, his sister, and I used to all play on the land his parents own, but then my husband got his metal airsoft gun and got all serious with his guys, now he won't play with us anymore. So, I sold all the little cheaper guns we had.

Quoting ColleenF30:

I <3 airsoft myself.

MommyDearest555
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:10 PM

The man this picture is focused on up front right there is my husband and this is how serious they play airsoft.

Quoting ColleenF30:

I <3 airsoft myself.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Oh wow. I play with the guys everytime I play. My Boyfriend, his Cousin and wife, his best friend. Normally The cousins wife and I are the last ones to be taken out in a match. I would call that an asshole move not involving you if you want to play. We use gas guns usually. I had a metal AK47 that I loved.

Quoting MommyDearest555:

I personally like airsoft and is a great hobby to keep you in shape generally with all the running around, but I am not invited to play with them...it is a guy thing to get a way from the wives and kids. :(

My husband, his cousin, his sister, and I used to all play on the land his parents own, but then my husband got his metal airsoft gun and got all serious with his guys, now he won't play with us anymore. So, I sold all the little cheaper guns we had.

Quoting ColleenF30:

I <3 airsoft myself.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL that is how we play too. He needs to learn ladies can kick ass at airsoft.

Quoting MommyDearest555:

The man this picture is focused on up front right there is my husband and this is how serious they play airsoft.

Quoting ColleenF30:

I <3 airsoft myself.

hazel1922
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:35 PM
I hahave the save problem with my bf. There's still times he'll get home and sleep and ignore everyone and everything except his phone and the tv. Difference is his job isn't as demading as your ds's but he does stand 8-10 hrs a day besides his lunch and 2 10 min breaks. I've talked to him repeatedly and it has done nothing. Lately he's been doing good and I can't say anything but he still does it a lot.
MommyDearest555
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Yep about the phone. My husband seems to be able to pay fantastic attention to what is on his phone. He will come home from work and sit in his car for 20mins. playing on his phone and listening to music. Then he will make it into the garage, sit down in his chair out there and play on the phone some more while smoking cig after cig. Once he gets in the house dinner is usually cold and he will go take a thirty min shower. After the shower he lays down in the bed and looks at his phone some more. UGH! Men! 

After we talk about it bothering me, he will do better for about four to seven days and then go back to the same ol shit.

hazel1922
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Exactly. After talking to them about it they do it for a couple days and then it goes back to them doing nothing.

Quoting MommyDearest555:

Yep about the phone. My husband seems to be able to pay fantastic attention to what is on his phone. He will come home from work and sit in his car for 20mins. playing on his phone and listening to music. Then he will make it into the garage, sit down in his chair out there and play on the phone some more while smoking cig after cig. Once he gets in the house dinner is usually cold and he will go take a thirty min shower. After the shower he lays down in the bed and looks at his phone some more. UGH! Men! 

After we talk about it bothering me, he will do better for about four to seven days and then go back to the same ol shit.

mrsbarefootsoul
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Ugh! That makes me mad for you!

It sounds like he sleeps an awful lot, is there any possibility he's suffering from depression? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 7, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Why is he so tired all the time? Is it possible he's been using drugs and/or abusing pills? The fatigue and chain smoking in the garage could be a indication that something is going on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN