Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

coffee with a friend.

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:06 PM
  • 23 Replies
So a friend of mine who I love dearly, was bored last night and called to ask me to go for coffee. The kids and my parents were getting ready to go for a swim. So I suggested we go pick up coffee come here and go for a swim, so my mom agreed to watch my 17 month old so I didn't have to use her seat and take it in and out of the van to hers.

So anyways we go through drive thru at Tim Hortons, I order my order plus my parents and my 3 kids, and then she orders hers. Well.apparently her invitation to coffee was me paying for it. Lol I was just kinda put off by it.

I mean, OK when she drives me places I pay her 20 in gas her coffee and usually lunch. But that is her driving me around all day 5-6 hours etc......
Sometimes she says don't worry about gas, I have a full tank and says save it till I need it. Kwim?
When I call her for coffee I do pay when she says she has no money, so I say oh well its on me. . But I think its weird to invite someone for coffee and expect them to pay. Is it just me or?

Lol I really don't care its only a few dollars. Just thought it was really weird. Lol
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Corinnesingh
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah I wld feel the same , or at least expect them to pay for theirs.

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Lol Iam not like all upset it was a few bucks. But as a mom of 3 vs a childless friend with a hubby. My coffee order was 19.00 lol

But it was like she expected it, when she invited me. Lol

Quoting Corinnesingh:

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:36 PM
She invited me. I didn't invite her. Lol

Quoting nurse1997:

YOU INVITED HER I WOULD THINK YOU WERE GOING TO PAY TOO ! 

Corinnesingh
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:37 PM

No, I totally understand what u mean.geez 19.00 for coffee, was it Starbucks with golden sprinkles..lol... I hope u guys at least had a nice time together...

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Lol Iam not like all upset it was a few bucks. But as a mom of 3 vs a childless friend with a hubby. My coffee order was 19.00 lol

Quoting Corinnesingh:

CafeMom Tickers
bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:39 PM
No Tim Horton's Canadian here. Lol no it was 3 XL coffees hers was a large iced cap with chocolate milk.and whip cream. My kids got small iced caps (2) and I got a small fruit smoothie for my.17 month old. Lol

Quoting Corinnesingh:

No, I totally understand what u mean.geez 19.00 for coffee, was it Starbucks with golden sprinkles..lol... I hope u guys at least had a nice time together...

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Quoting Corinnesingh:

psych_mom
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:41 PM

I would think that she would have at least payed for her own, especially since you were providing her with some free fun at your pool :)

Corinnesingh
by Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Phew, that sounds more like it.. Lol.. I'm 32 weeks preto, and all this talk about coffee, made me want a waffle with ice cream, and a coffee ....hahha.. I guess I know what's for dinner..

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

No Tim Horton's Canadian here. Lol no it was 3 XL coffees hers was a large iced cap with chocolate milk.and whip cream. My kids got small iced caps (2) and I got a small fruit smoothie for my.17 month old. Lol

Quoting Corinnesingh:

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Quoting Corinnesingh:

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:41 PM

I have a friend like that, however, she conveniently forgets to reciprocate. Now I just say I don't have money for extra

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Yes this. Lol she wanted to go sit in her car and have coffee and smoke. I never ask my parents to watch my kids that much and they wanted to swim it was almost dark out so I suggested bringing coffee back to my parents to swim.
bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Its never happened before friends for 18+ years. I just thought it was odd. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a friend like that, however, she conveniently forgets to reciprocate. Now I just say I don't have money for extra

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)