Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NUISANCE NEIGHBOR KIDS

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

Okay,first of all I am a grandmother of three and my grandkids live with me. My neighbor has 5 kids ranging from 9 years down to 16mos. The three year old walks into my house 3-4x day without knocking and plays in grandkids room. I now lock all of my doors! Sometimes she helps herself to my food in the fridge. Her four year old brother opened up packages of older mattel cars (the metal ones) and tried to pocket them. These kids have no discipline whatsoever. They open my gate and play in my yard. I have a swingset, wading pool, 2 battery operated Barbie jeeps. Thursday I went out of town and upon my return the 10 year old and his overweight friends were casually swinging on the swingset (the bar holding the slide up is bent now)The 4 year old was cruising the jeep. The 3 year old was in the pool. I have confronted the parents to no avail. They climb over my fence if its locked. Take trikes and bikes and leave it in middle of the street or at their house. Today i was out of town again and the 3&4 year old were in the pool. Needless to say, i dumped the water out. Again i told the parents they were in the pool with no supervision. All they said was "i know". If those kids were to drown i would be liable because it isnt covered. I also have a garden and they dig up my plants and leave that gate open. These kids have their own trampoline,  toys and bikes but they don't ride them. I am getting fed up. My next step is to put up a fence in the front yard. With a NO TRESPASSING sign. I feel sorry for the kids because they are always hungry (they eat chips, drink soda, eat candy) and the mom is too busy doing things-working with the dad. I have also heard the 3 year old say f-you and f-er when fighting over toys with my gk.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kgsharber
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:53 AM

Threaten to callk the police. That is trespassing and neglegent. She should be watching her kids, anything could happen!

littlesippycup
by iloveanons on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:08 AM

Feed the older kids some of those chocolate exlaxs and send em home. No, don't do that. It is funny though.

CatFishMom
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I wouldnt be threatening to call the police, I'd be calling them. Hang the no trespassing signs so there isnt a question, and then call the police. Thats ridiculous. You should also put chains on or lock up the bikes, remove the batteries from the trucks, take down the swings from the swing set. It's BS that you have to inconvenience yourself to such a degree, but once you call the police on them, maybe theyll get the hint.

catrig
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I'd call the police every single time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)