Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

money

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
We have one car. My husband is off two days and week and works the days away. I make sure the bills are paid. We have to go food shopping together. I know what I need to make are house function. He just oversteps me and feels he ways is best.
I have no responsibility. He gives me none. I try to talk to him and he just tells me. His sorry he doesn't make enough money! I don't understand. We fight everyday. Its a power struggle. He says he is never happy but I feel he causes it. He says its my fault. He won't give me a chance to prove myself. So now my picked eater of daughter has nothing but peanut butter sandwiches and we have hot dogs. We spent 30 on food and I don't have what I need in my household and he won't listen to me. I feel like a child. I speak up but its get me no where. He is never happy and feels like I am not happy. I just don't get how someone can not understand a happy wife makes for a happy husband. I don't know how to get past this. I try talking but it gets no where.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I'd be mad too! You're probably going to have to earn some money and leave his sorry ass. Can you check your city for food banks, some churches give food away once a week. Why is he happy to eat only hot dogs anyway?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:40 PM
We are getting back on our feet from our money being stolen.

Quoting Lindalou907:

I'd be mad too! You're probably going to have to earn some money and leave his sorry ass. Can you check your city for food banks, some churches give food away once a week. Why is he happy to eat only hot dogs anyway?

anotherhalf
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:46 PM

If you got a job you might feel more empowered and independant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:50 PM
I don't mean this as nasty as its going to sound, but...

Grow a backbone. The only person that can tell you what to do is you. Tell him what you want and why you want it and that's it. If it were a new car or a pedi that would be different. This is food and needs of his kids and wife.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:50 PM
No high school diploma, bad credit, and no one to watch my kids. In five years I will be able to get a job.

Quoting anotherhalf:

If you got a job you might feel more empowered and independant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:22 PM
So start with getting your GED. :) Then move up from there. You can do that online.

Then the next step. You would be surprised how you may find answers along the way.. take the first step.

You need to have a sense of contribution to helping and your husband is denying basic needs (although my kid would live on hotdogs if I allowed it..lol).. your kids may be feeling the stress as well and it could affect their appetites? Just a thought.

Get your GED first then let more opportunity open up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Do you have a community garden? If so, you could take the kids with and rent a plot and grow food.

I am so sorry for what's been done to your family. I can see why everyone would be stressed but your husband has to see that you want to be a part of the solution.

His pride may be hurt, but he will have to learn to get over it.. he should be happy he has a wife that is willing to work.

Don't worry about everything at once. Just start with your GED.
DivaKim
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Do you receive an public assistance? If not apply. Also why do you have to wait five years to get a job? Isn't there any day care assistance in your area? Get your GED online or when you apply for assistance tell them you need to get it. They will help

Quoting Anonymous:No high school diploma, bad credit, and no one to watch my kids. In five years I will be able to get a job.

Quoting anotherhalf:If you got a job you might feel more empowered and independant.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:46 AM
I can make it on my own and it will take 5 years. I feel bad using resources.

Quoting DivaKim:

Do you receive an public assistance? If not apply. Also why do you have to wait five years to get a job? Isn't there any day care assistance in your area? Get your GED online or when you apply for assistance tell them you need to get it. They will help

Quoting Anonymous:No high school diploma, bad credit, and no one to watch my kids. In five years I will be able to get a job.

Quoting anotherhalf:If you got a job you might feel more empowered and independant.

DivaKim
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:50 AM
If you are truly that unhappy do not feel bad using resources. They are available for a reason. Good luck

Quoting Anonymous:

I can make it on my own and it will take 5 years. I feel bad using resources.

Quoting DivaKim:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)