• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Dad Has Incredibly Romantic Reunion With His Wife, But What About the Kids?!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:26 AM
  • 30 Replies

Military Dad Has Incredibly Romantic Reunion With His Wife, But What About the Kids?! (VIDEO)

by Emily Abbate

military surprise homecomingA military father surprises his wife and kids in the water while they're playing at the beach. Generally cute, right? Even cuter when the wife and kids just told a friend on camera what they would say to Daddy if he were there with 'em. His daughter Charity's response? "I will love him for always."

Captain Hyrum Bronson returned early from his nine-month deployment and totally took his family by surprise, appearing out of the water in a scuba suit. As his children screamed, "Daddy! Daddy!" the soldier gravitated toward his wife Bethany saying, "I swam all the way here just for you hunny."

It's heartwarming. But at the same time, it's infuriating. Bronson's children circle the couple longingly, crying out in excitement that Dad's back home. While I admire Bronson and his military service and understand how long the two lovers have been waiting for this embrace, the blatant disregard of these kids hurts my heart.

First, let's watch Captain Hyrum Bronson's surprise homecoming, shall we?

At this moment for this couple, they have put the loving relationship they have between the two of them in front of the parenting relationship they have with their kids. In the heat of the moment, I guess I can understand that. These children are lucky to have parents who love and appreciate each other the way that the Bronsons do. Truthfully, though, it pains me to see their kids longing for the attention of their father whom they haven't seen in so so long, only to be ignored.

I'm happy the Bronson family is reunited. Here's hoping that Dad's getting in some more quality time with his kids back here on American soil.

How do you feel about Captain Hyrum Bronson's surprise?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KW1280
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I too much is being read into the video. I honestly didn't see anything wrong.
kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:36 AM
4 moms liked this
I think the author isn't happy without having something to gripe about. My marriage comes first.
kerryket
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
If you look hard enough, you can find fault with anything.
lwalker270
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:43 AM
5 moms liked this

Oh for the love of Mike.  

The parents are reconnecting and providing a great example of what a loving couple should be.  

I highly doubt the kids will be heading into therapy because he hugged his wife before them.  

happinessforyou
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Yes, I'm sure he will make "quality" time for his kids-but his relationship with his wife is what will hold his family together. He has probably been dreaming of holding his wife close to his heart for a long time.

I think he did a great job surprising her. Hope this have many more happy surprises in their lives. GL

AllofFive19
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM

There is nothing wrong with that video. 

Marimaru
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I don't see anything wrong.  I don't know why people pick at something wonderful just to decide that someone did something wrong.

As I see it, even if they took the video, it's their business how he surprised his family.

enlightened_24
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I found it odd he kind of pushed the girl to the side but if you look towards the end he has his arm around at least one of the kids. Besides, the wife is sobbing and the kids are happy...Seems pretty fair.

littlesippycup
by iloveanons on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:24 PM

The babies looked like they got on moms back =) So sweet. LOL at the little one "floating out to sea" She was like Whaaaass goin on people? My DH stays away for weeks at a time. He always comes to me first and we grab the kids to our sides. But we're always face to face with each other. 

SoPoetic
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:33 PM

In the bible it says

GOD.WIFE.CHILDREN...AND SO FORTH. 

its not like he launched one of those little suckers out to sea and left them at the beach to go make love to his wife in a 5star hotel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)