• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Brother is only after Dad's money!!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:45 PM
  • 19 Replies

Finally, we are going to NY to see my Dad.

I made sure to find out when my brother was leaving NY for the winter. It was confirmed he was leaving in September. 

My excitement ended when I got a call the other night. Brother found out I was coming to visit and guess what......changed their date to leave to the week AFTER I am there.

Please don't let the, awwww, how sweet, he's staying so he can see you, crap enter your mind.  

He is staying just to make sure I don't get anything from my Father. My brother is a greedy, lazy, no good piece of shit!!!  

Let me paint a picture of my brother....His daughter was born in 1976, guess when the last time he saw his daughter was. Give up??? 1976!! Guess how many child support payments he made (they were $21 a month) while she was growing up. Who ever said 0 wins!  I last saw my niece when she was 6.  There is a lot more I could say about him, that is just a bit so you get an idea of what I have to deal with.

Anyway, he finds out I am coming up and that Dad wants to buy me a car to drive back to TN.  Mine took a crap and its not worth fixing and that leaves us with just the two pickups. Guess who is shopping for my car, yep, my brother. *ugh*

My Dad is 85, battling COPD and is an epileptic. His memory is about gone and he can no longer deal with his finances, in steps big brother to be the *cough* hero.  He now has total control of everything of my Dad's and doesnt want a penny spent on anyone other then him, and my Dad.

The more my Dad spends on himself or others, means less my brother will inherit.  He is nothing more then a vulture, sitting on the fence waiting for my Dad to pass.

I can not make it clear enough to my brother that I don't want any of it! I just want my Dad. 

I was so looking forward to my youngest getting to spend time with his Grandpa, this may be the only time. He met Grandpa when he was two but he doesnt remember him. I want him to remember. Even if its a walk in the back yard, I want him to be able to have some memories with his Grandpa. My two grown sons have those awesome memories.

I am so afraid my brother AND his wife (she is an entirely different story and also a vulture) will ruin the 5 days we get to hang out with him.

I cant postpone my trip because my Dad will be leaving for Florida not long after I am there. My brother makes him spend his winters down there and my Father HATES it with a passion.

I am really dreading what was supposed to be an awesome week. :/

:end vent:

I would also like to add this, you know, just in case...

If any of you know someone by the name of a Rosemary Allison, who is 37 years old, blonde hair and blue eyes, last known living in Maine, with family in Connecticut, could you let her know her Aunt Malissa is looking for her! =)

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherhalf
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Wow, he's awful.

I hope he leaves you alone long enough to enjoy so time with your dad.
psych_mom
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Ugh... Hope you are still able to enjoy some time with your dad.

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I was telling his good qualities.  :/

Quoting anotherhalf:

Wow, he's awful.

I hope he leaves you alone long enough to enjoy so time with your dad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
That sucks. Luckily I'm the only child my parents trust with anything so when they get there in life ill be that person but I'm not a gold digger.
godsgirl26
by ♡Charmaine♡ on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:44 PM

People like that makes me sick ugh.

dalbax2
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Sorry.  Hugs to you.

opal10161973
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Sounds like my EX's sister.  She is facing federal charges right now because she stole a lot of my Ex's inheritance after she had her GF write up a new will for their father to sign weeks before he died, that changed it from they all get their own money to my Ex having a trust she controlled. 

If the brother has a POA signed, he can do whatever he wants and your Dad cannot say a word about it anymore.  This happened to a patient of mine while he was in the hospital.  His DS stole his money and sold his house and car, then ran.  My patient was living in a nursing home and couldn't even afford his cigarettes.  SMH

jaxx
by New Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry to hear that. I just lost my father and I'd give anything for a day with him.
MelanieJK
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I hate to point out the obvious but your description of your Dad's health makes it sound like he needs someone fulltime,   not a week every two or so years.     It doesn't seem unreasonable for your brother to take him to Florida with him.    Is he supposed to leave him?     Or change his life to accomodate your Dad while you go about yours?       

Your brother may be manipulative but are you there for your Dad in the way that he needs someone?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:59 PM

sounds like you both kinda want your dads money.. jus sayin

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)