Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

and there he goes again!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
My ss 12 keeps running out of the apt even time he doesn't like what's said to him or he doesn't get his way. He has been running back and forth from his papas to our apt for 2 hours because I said no more tv he needs to read. He hasn't read the entire summer. He runs off when he is asked to. He watched tv non-stop yesterday and 6 hours today.

He will not listen to anyone. My dh is going to get fired if he's on the phone with ss all day. His papa has kicked him out atleast 5 times but he keeps going back. I can't do anything to keep him in the house. All over reading a book! He's screaming and jumping up and down yelling I don't wanna read!!

I even told him fine don't read! And he still refused to come in and ran off again. I give up. He does this nearly every day dh has tried everything we can think of.

Yes he's in councilling, yes we have rules. He doesn't think they apply to him. He runs when they are enforced. No I don't allow him to watch that much tv normally. I broke my foot so he sneaks upstairs and watches dh's portable dvd player he snuck out of the car.

The cops have already picked him up once for being out after 10pm he ran because dh said it was bed time. Dh and I are done. So done with this. Bm is gone she cut all ties so that isn't a option and all of dh's family refuses to take him even for a day.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
dalbax2
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM

People will bash for this but just spank him! then put him in his room. if need be, buy a lock for your door with a key lock on the inside so he can't get out. if there are no consequences to his actions, he won't stop. 12 years is too old to be acting like that!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Sadly dh has triee spanking.. it made it way way worse. We are in a apt so we can't lock or install a lock on the door. I seriously think he would jump oit the 2nd story window.

He's out of control. Luckly dh gets off work now and will be home in 30 but that doesn't mean he will get him home. He won't listen to him either.

Quoting Anonymous:

People will bash for this but just spank him! then put him in his room. if need be, buy a lock for your door with a key lock on the inside so he can't get out. if there are no consequences to his actions, he won't stop. 12 years is too old to be acting like that!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Straight jacket. You think I kid. I don't. He's going to run out one day and get snatched up or hit by a car. He does not have impulse control and appears to stim on the Tv.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Ill suggest it to dh. Honestly he was running outside with his blanket and no shoes. Dh just got him inside but he's throwing a huge fit screaming like a mental patient so maybe its fitting.

Tho I worry about it possibly being child abuse? I dunno.

Quoting Anonymous:

Straight jacket. You think I kid. I don't. He's going to run out one day and get snatched up or hit by a car. He does not have impulse control and appears to stim on the Tv.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Kids with autism who self injure get something called a weighted vest that is very heavy and takes a lot of effort to move in that tires them out without injuring themselves. I sometimes have to use a blanket with ds when he starts throwing himself against walls. He's not self injurious, just impulsive which usually results in injury.

I honestly think if he's not making progress with counseling its time to find a new one; not all are created equal nor do they all provide the same standard of care. I've heard of far too many child psychologists and counselors (ABA, SLP, and OT therapists as well) who have independent visits with kids and do NOTHING because they can get away with it. Do your homework and find the right one. Even consider family therapy (or dad and son only).

Bottom line, he's not just being an ass. It sounds like MUCH more than that. Likely his mom leaving is a big part of that.

You may be faced with playing along with him. If so try watching TV with him and connect with him on that level. It's worth a shot.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ill suggest it to dh. Honestly he was running outside with his blanket and no shoes. Dh just got him inside but he's throwing a huge fit screaming like a mental patient so maybe its fitting.

Tho I worry about it possibly being child abuse? I dunno.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)