Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

When a man sleeps around, he's a player...

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:32 PM
  • 79 Replies
1 mom liked this

...but when a woman does it, she's a whore. Interesting.

I recently spent an evening with a mixed group of friends, we had some drinks and somehow we got onto the subject of sex, relationships and one-night-stands. A guy friend said he had 20ist, maybe closer to 25 sexual partners, he got loud cheering and even some howling in response. I said that so did I, and I got the blankstares, the "Really" and the negative "wow" in response. All of this happened in the span of five minutes.

Me being me, I had to turn it into a whole other discussion about why the hell is it okay when a man does it and frowned upon when it's a woman. I have to say that I was more surprised about the comments from the female part of the group than the male. I would have expected a man to think differently about a woman who had a lot of partners, but I wouldn't have expected a woman to tell me that the she thinks that the only difference between a promiscuous woman and a hooker is that one charges and the other doesn't.

Personally, I feel that a woman is equally as entitled to enjoy her body as she sees fit as a man is. So I like sex. I do not need or want a committed relationship at this point in my life. I'm old enough and responsible enough to enjoy one without the other. What's the problem?

Opinions?

by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TimetoMomUp
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I think sleeping around for a male or female is unsafe.  

CampClan
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I completely agree with the whole stereotype. This was something that was discussed in my sociology class back in high school (20 years ago). Not throwing it in the same catergory but we also discussed why it's okay for black men & women to call each other n****r but not whites. And what is the difference between blacks being called that & whites being called crac***s? Basically we were talking about stereotypes.

Supamamaof3
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:01 PM
She didn't say it was unprotected. I don't think anything is wrong with a girl "acting like a man" and sleeping with a new guy every now and then. As long as your comfortable and not pressured into it. Adults should be aloud to act as they wish as long as no one is being hurt.

Quoting TimetoMomUp:

Sister_Someone
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:04 PM

I remember a discussion like that from my sociology class in high school too. 

Could you elaborate on why exactly you agree with the stereotype?

Quoting CampClan:

I completely agree with the whole stereotype. This was something that was discussed in my sociology class back in high school (20 years ago). Not throwing it in the same catergory but we also discussed why it's okay for black men & women to call each other n****r but not whites. And what is the difference between blacks being called that & whites being called crac***s? Basically we were talking about stereotypes.

TimetoMomUp
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:04 PM

I never said she couldn't act as she wished or compare her to man.  I simply said I think it can be dangerous.  While condoms are great at preventing the spead of STDs, they do not eliminate the spread.  It is not offensive, it is science.  

Quoting Supamamaof3:

She didn't say it was unprotected. I don't think anything is wrong with a girl "acting like a man" and sleeping with a new guy every now and then. As long as your comfortable and not pressured into it. Adults should be aloud to act as they wish as long as no one is being hurt.

Quoting TimetoMomUp:

Sister_Someone
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:10 PM

That's a completely valid point, and one I won't argue with. I'm not offended in any way, either. It's a calculated risk I choose to take.

Quoting TimetoMomUp:

I never said she couldn't act as she wished or compare her to man.  I simply said I think it can be dangerous.  While condoms are great at preventing the spead of STDs, they do not eliminate the spread.  It is not offensive, it is science.  

Quoting Supamamaof3:

Quoting TimetoMomUp:

CampClan
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Oh no... I don't agree with it! I just agree with the fact that it's wrong to say women are sluts & men are players. Sorry if I confused someone. And I totally do not think that the difference between a promiscuous woman and a hooker is one gets money from it. For hookers it's not about the sex- it's about the money. KWIM? 

Quoting Sister_Someone:

Quoting CampClan:

Sister_Someone
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:19 PM

That's why I asked you to elaborate, lol. I wasn't sure if you were agreeing with the existence of the stereotype, or with the statement itself. 

Of course I know what you mean. :) In fact, I think that's only the slightest, most superficial difference between a promiscuous woman and a hooker, but the rest of 'em aren't necessarily other human beings-rated. 

Quoting CampClan:

Oh no... I don't agree with it! I just agree with the fact that it's wrong to say women are sluts & men are players. Sorry if I confused someone. And I totally do not think that the difference between a promiscuous woman and a hooker is one gets money from it. For hookers it's not about the sex- it's about the money. KWIM? 

Quoting Sister_Someone:

Quoting CampClan:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:50 PM
3 moms liked this

I dont use the word player. i use the word manwhore. They are both equally disgusting to me.

starme133
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:38 PM

I AGREE WITH YOU 100% about the last paragraph NO PROBLEM AT ALL & yes i want to know me too why is it ok for a man to have over 20, 50, 100 girl sexual partner but not allowed for a woman?the woman whom told you abouut the difference is just A Jealous BITCH cz she cant do it & if she could she would without any hesitation believe me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)