Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

cheating...or something

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
I can honestly, whole-heartedly, without a doubt, say that my husband wouldnt cheat on me...on us! But he has been showing tell tale signs of "something" suspicious. He left for work tonight at 12:00 with the reasoning his boss moved a deadline and he had no choice. He said hed be gone acouple hours. When i was pregnant 4 months ago he left the house frequently to run random short errands...buying a pop, running an errand for parents,etc. Even at times ive argued to go with him he refused. He would leave sometimes 5-6 times a day. We would be on our way home from somewhere. Get home and hed say he was gonna go get a pop. Id say were still in the car well just go with you. Hed refuse. There were a couple times he forgot the pop! This isnt a recent development but wont let me see his phone or facebook, to the point he snatches it frim my hands and chews me out. Ive expressed a need for him to be more selective when accepting friend requests on facebook as i do, and to my dismay repeatadly accepts womens requests. Friends from highschool some single some married. He says he mainly had girl friends in highschool. From what i have seen there arent any messages, they never talk. But he refuses to refuse the request. Leaves the room for every phone conversation even if its with his mother. Theres other minor things... none of which seem normal to me. So my question is have you ever suspected your husband of something suspicious? What did it turn out to be about?

Update* first of all thank you for the help and support. Second i didnt think the convo would go this way, i should have added more details but i can lay the drug issue to rest. I begged him to quick smoking during both pregnancies, and he lied. Sometimes i caught him sometimes i asssumed and wed fight. He still wont admit to all the times he left but im pretty sure he was simply having a cigarette. You guys are good to catch that because i trusted him far too long. So no drugs. Id like to hear some stories from women who have suspected and never found anything. Advice from the other end that maybe even though things dont seem right there is the possibility that im wrong?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 29, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
C8linVilla
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:16 AM
Ok from what I see here he is either cheating or cheating lol. Idk sounds super super off to me...my husband before we got married when we were fighting really bad met a women. From the moment he met her iknew something nwas up. Locked his phone would not let me see and hid fb. He didn't have sex with her Iknow that we worked it out 5 days later and he only saw her maybe 3 times while she was at work but Idont know any reason for him to act that way and not be cheating! Ur married Ithink he should not have an issue.with u on his fb or anything..
ff-princess
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:17 AM
2 moms liked this

the random, frequent short errands leads me to a drug problem, and maybe he conducts his transactions via facebook and text.  otherwise he's definitely doing something shady.  you don't act that secretive unless you have secrets.  not cool at all, and not something I would be able to live with in my relationship.  if I can't trust you, I can't sleep next to you.

lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Sounds like drugs or cheating
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:42 AM
2 moms liked this

This was my thought, too.  People who cheat have more patterns of regular prolonged absences, whereas someone hiding a drug problem only needs to sneak off and get a hit real quick.

Quoting ff-princess:

the random, frequent short errands leads me to a drug problem, and maybe he conducts his transactions via facebook and text.  otherwise he's definitely doing something shady.  you don't act that secretive unless you have secrets.  not cool at all, and not something I would be able to live with in my relationship.  if I can't trust you, I can't sleep next to you.

anotherhalf
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Sounds like drugs or hookers to me.
pinealpower
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Definatley sounds like drugs more than cheating. If I were you, I would sit him down and share with him, basically what you've shared with us. Show him the connections that you've been making and even your suspisions. If he denies it, then ask him to put himself in your shoes. If it were you behaving this way, wouldn't he be suspicious too? Wouldn't he want a legit explination? Once you talk about it, then you guys can begin to better the situation. Tell him how important it is that you guys don't keep secrets from each other. Tell him how this makes you feel. If he's smoking weed every now and then, that isn't really a big deal. He's not harming himself or others. But if it's hardcore durgs, he needs help.. Best of luck! 

my personal blog- http://iamyou-dream.blogspot.com/

I AM YOU, we are all one conciousness. Live, Learn, Evolve :)

La_Vie_en_R0se
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 1:06 PM

This.  I was thinking he is doing something he doesn't want you knowing about...drinking, tobacco, drugs...something is definitely up. 

Quoting ff-princess:

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Jul. 29, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm thinking drugs...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Never say never is all i gotta say!

maybe80
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Drugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)