Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Need Advice.... am i overreacting???

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 7:24 PM
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this

So my husband had a female friend in high school we can call her L, well they were close friends and i didnt know either of them.. i met L first and she instantly hated me ( for no reason). So i just avoided hanging out with her as much as possible. Well one day L and some other ppl tagged my car and wrote SLUT on my car ( i was a virgin) but hey whatever... After i met my husband and we started dating she hated my guts ( because she liked him) she tried to get him to break up with me by talking maddd crap about me to him and millions of other ppl. To this day i still hear of things that were said and in her final rant she confronted me saying i was nothing but a piece of crap and i didnt deserve my husband, this being said the day before our wedding. Well here we are a year later and im over it... it was imature and its over. But my husband comes up this afternoon wanting us to hangout with her and a few other friends.... my thing is whyyy would he want to hangout with her??? Why would you put her in a position to get in between us? She obviously has or has had feelings for him! Ughh... am i overreacting or what?? What would you do?

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Snakecharm
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM
3 moms liked this
Not overreacting. It's disrespectful to have a friendship with someone who treated you that way.
Faith101412
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Thanks, i mean im crying because it hurts me that he even wants to hangout with her after she talked so much crap and even tried to talk him out of marrying me! ( and im sure hormones have somthing to do with it im 14 weeks pregnant)

Quoting Snakecharm:

Not overreacting. It's disrespectful to have a friendship with someone who treated you that way.

zoeysannsmom
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 7:35 PM

You should go show her you guys are happy and nothing will get you down. Your having his baby and you guys are happily married and   Who knows maybe she grew up some 

darkdove
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 7:42 PM

I don't blame you for not wanting to hangout with her. Does your husband know how badly she treated you? Maybe you should tell him how you feel. You certainly don't need this stress right now. Good luck mama.

Grnyann65
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 7:42 PM
2 moms liked this
No, you're not overreacting. If your husband knows how she treated you, he's disrespecting you as much as she did.
Faith101412
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes and his reply is " as a christian you have to forgive ppl". And i agree i should forgive her and be nice to her, but that doesnt mean i have to be good friends and hangout with her.....

Quoting darkdove:

I don't blame you for not wanting to hangout with her. Does your husband know how badly she treated you? Maybe you should tell him how you feel. You certainly don't need this stress right now. Good luck mama.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Ewww, I sure wouldn't want to hang out with her! But maybe you should go and keep an eye on the bitch. Living well is the best revenge, make sure you look good and happy!

psych_mom
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:31 PM
You have a right to be upset, but maybe this is a chance to prove to her how wrong she was. Either way, I hope she's grown up by now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marimaru
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I would want to know why my husband had ANY interest in seeing someone who said such hateful things about his wife.  But... I might take the opportunity to rub it in her face that you guys are happy, lol.

Forgive doesn't mean forget.  And it certainly doesn't mean "put yourself in a position for it to happen again."  

Quoting Faith101412:

Yes and his reply is " as a christian you have to forgive ppl". And i agree i should forgive her and be nice to her, but that doesnt mean i have to be good friends and hangout with her.....

Quoting darkdove:

ocktoberfox
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:03 PM

You have every right to be upset. This woman sounds awful. I don't blame you one bit  for not wanting to hang out with her. I'd keep a close eye on that one and if she gets too touchy feely, pull your husband aside and let him know you're uncomfortable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN