Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pimple face! Pizza face!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:26 AM
  • 57 Replies
I've NEVER had a problem with acne in my entire life and I've always been so grateful for that! I'm 22 and in the last few weeks I've started breaking out so bad in between my brows mainly, but ill get a single giant pimpe on a dif part of my face like every other day! Chin, cheeks, temple, forehead, etc.. Then there's the patch of little ones between my eyebrows! I use oxy face wipes every morning and sometimes at night if I sweated during the day. I wash my face with actual face cleanser every time I shower which is every other day.

What could cause this? I just started getting my period again after almost 2 years of no Aunt Flow due to Bc and nursing. I do have a shitcan diet, I wish it were better, but is there something else that could cause it? Does Stress? I've searched online but we all know how that goes- millions of answers, all different. Please and thanks for the help.

(Cross posted on another board to get more traffic)
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EntrepeneurMom
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:29 AM
First stop the oxy. It's too harsh and causes spots. It probably is hormonal as you've startes your periods again. If youre getting them on your chin/neck area its definitely hormones. Switch to a mild cleanser and consider a scrub
EntrepeneurMom
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Also are you plucking between your brows a lot? Are they big painful zits or little red bumps?
xxshelbyxxx
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:49 AM
Well is there any face pads that aren't too harsh to use every morning? Because I've tried different ones and almost every other one ive tried hasn't given me that cleaned, not greasy feeling like the Oxys do. I don't wear face make up ever, so I don't have anything to clean off except sweat and regular face dirtiness from everyday life, so I don't want a make up remover.

The face wash I use in the shower every other day Is a scrub (I think? It's got the little speckles and grains to deep clean) by Nuetrogena. Should I try a different one and should I use it daily instead of just when I shower?

Quoting EntrepeneurMom:

First stop the oxy. It's too harsh and causes spots. It probably is hormonal as you've startes your periods again. If youre getting them on your chin/neck area its definitely hormones. Switch to a mild cleanser and consider a scrub

xxshelbyxxx
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:51 AM
Nope I've never plucked my brows cuz I've never needed to. I use a mini razor thing that's meant for shaping eyebrows and getting "mustache hair" for women, but I only use it once in awhile and it's been weeks since I've had to.

They're little red bumps in between my brows which makes me think its from sweat, but the random ones I get on other areas of my face only come one at a time and they're on the bigger side but not painful. I just got my first painful one yesterday actually right on the bridge of my nose, It's huge, unpoppable, and ugly. 😡

Quoting EntrepeneurMom:

Also are you plucking between your brows a lot? Are they big painful zits or little red bumps?

EntrepeneurMom
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Keep up with the neutrongena. Maybe try a foaming cleanser, its still quick and easy but actually cleans your face properly. Oxy strips away too much oil so actually causes more spots. I use garnier foaming cleanser at night because its quick and garnier charcoal scrub in the mornings.

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

Well is there any face pads that aren't too harsh to use every morning? Because I've tried different ones and almost every other one ive tried hasn't given me that cleaned, not greasy feeling like the Oxys do. I don't wear face make up ever, so I don't have anything to clean off except sweat and regular face dirtiness from everyday life, so I don't want a make up remover.

The face wash I use in the shower every other day Is a scrub (I think? It's got the little speckles and grains to deep clean) by Nuetrogena. Should I try a different one and should I use it daily instead of just when I shower?

Quoting EntrepeneurMom:

EntrepeneurMom
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:46 AM
I'd say its blocked pores or being run down then

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

Nope I've never plucked my brows cuz I've never needed to. I use a mini razor thing that's meant for shaping eyebrows and getting "mustache hair" for women, but I only use it once in awhile and it's been weeks since I've had to.

They're little red bumps in between my brows which makes me think its from sweat, but the random ones I get on other areas of my face only come one at a time and they're on the bigger side but not painful. I just got my first painful one yesterday actually right on the bridge of my nose, It's huge, unpoppable, and ugly. 😡

Quoting EntrepeneurMom:

Megan11587
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Have you changed soaps/face washes?  It could be hormones, stress, diet, etc.  It really could be any number of reasons.

aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Do you touch your face a lot? Like sleeping on your hand, or resting you  chin in your hand when you are on the computer? I would also wash my face everynight not everyother.

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

My acne cleared up when I stopped washing with ANY kind of face cleanser or soap.

I do the Oil Cleansing Method. 

http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Try Simple skin care. It doesn't have any of those crap (skin drying) ingredients like benzyl peroxide, salicyclic acid, etc (the shit you find in proactive, neutrogena, oxy, etc). I swear by it and have super super sensitive skin. I was previously a proactive user and started breaking out terribly when I hit my 20s so I switched to Simple.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)