Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I have acted different or any other way?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Well I've planned this family day for well over a month and all of a sudden the hubby has different plans and can only hang out with us for a few hours. I told him I'm disappointed but understand the kids and i will get what we can but can we make it up another day. His reaction to me was. You must not realize how close we are to starting our own business. I do i do i get it but i don't have the right to be disappointed i man at all.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Saydar
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Huh?

amylulu1
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Well, just because it has been planned for a month, it doesn't mean something unexpected has come up just prior to this event.  Especially if he is trying to open his own business.  Disappointed, yes.  Petulant and moody, no.  Support during hard times goes a long way. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I told him this what you said and he is still upset.

Quoting amylulu1:

Well, just because it has been planned for a month, it doesn't mean something hasn't come unexpected has come up.  Especially if he is trying to open his own business.  Disappointed, yes.  Petulant and moody, no.  Support during hard times goes a long way. 

amylulu1
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Maybe he is upset because he feels bad that he will be missing family time and is disappointed as well. I know a lot of guys that don't want to disappoint their family and it just makes them feel worse when you express your disappointment.  It'll be okay.  Starting your own business takes a lot of time and energy and tempers may be short during this period.  Just be supportive and he will appreciate it!  I understand your disappointment especially after planning for so long and being excited about it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting amylulu1:

Well, just because it has been planned for a month, it doesn't mean something hasn't come unexpected has come up.  Especially if he is trying to open his own business.  Disappointed, yes.  Petulant and moody, no.  Support during hard times goes a long way. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Yea in no way am I mad I totally understand I just said I was disappointed and he said I souldn't feel that way. I just wanted to see if I was trying to at least be ok with my emotions.

Quoting amylulu1:

Maybe he is upset because he feels bad that he will be missing family time and is disappointed as well. I know a lot of guys that don't want to disappoint their family and it just makes them feel worse when you express your disappointment.  It'll be okay.  Starting your own business takes a lot of time and energy and tempers may be short during this period.  Just be supportive and he will appreciate it!  I understand your disappointment especially after planning for so long and being excited about it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting amylulu1:

psych_mom
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:47 AM

It's okay to be disappointed, you have every right to feel that way. He shouldn't be upset with you as long as you are being honest with him and you are letting him know that you also understand and support him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I sure did that I told him I totally understand that I am disappointed but I will get over it and asked if we can make it up another time. He is still not understanding why I was even disppointed in the first place.

Quoting psych_mom:

It's okay to be disappointed, you have every right to feel that way. He shouldn't be upset with you as long as you are being honest with him and you are letting him know that you also understand and support him.

kerryket
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:55 AM

We had plans here yestereday too, they got cancelled :(  Maybe next week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)