Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i feel like a TOTAL loser in every sense of the word!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:23 PM
  • 9 Replies

im sitting here watching house hunters and there is this girl oh wait...i mean "Woman" (something im not) that serves in the military she is 23 im 25 and she has enough money saved to buy a house in the 150 to 200 dollar range and guess what! her mom is moving in with her~! o my gosh she can even afford to take care of her mom the houses shes looking at are from like 2,000 to 3,400 sq ft! im so jealous i dont have a GED,DL,Job,Car or anything! you need a job in order to get all the things you need to survive. this world makes no sense to me if money didnt exist we all could honestly use our talents to get ourselves ahead but noooooooooo! we need money to do everything anyway i love myself and see  that my future is bright and im only jealous of this woman cause i dont have the drive,disipline and such. anywhoo this is just a rant.......hmmmm

disclaimer: i know what i need to do in order to get ahead in life and am positive about it all i love people and have a pretty positive outlook on life etc...but it kills me when i think of the dumb choices i made in the past, but i appreciate the mistakes because i am strong to day but it kills me to see the people who have a smooth life or those who didnt make numb mindless mistakes when they were young!.....hmmm just kills me :(

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kearaloves1
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:24 PM

BUMP!

JAK_momma_2_4
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Well then...(backs out of post)
goodmama85
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Huh???
rebeccasmly
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

If you want better, than push yourself to be better. Don't be satisfied with just sitting back and being jealous of others who are doing what you want to do. You don't have the drive, find it, make yourself have it! Making bad choices in the past does not define your future unless you let it.

kearaloves1
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Yes your right

Quoting rebeccasmly:

If you want better, than push yourself to be better. Don't be satisfied with just sitting back and being jealous of others who are doing what you want to do. You don't have the drive, find it, make yourself have it! Making bad choices in the past does not define your future unless you let it.

sweet_misery
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Well start with a GED (there easy to achieve and can be done for cheap and online now) and hit little goals from there. You will feel 10x better about yourself just getting the GED alone. Once you start doing little things like studying and passing GED tests and your self image improves you will see your options are endless.

sweet_misery
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Believe me there are people out there that have made bad choices but seem to have their acts together. Everyone has issues, its just a matter of if there obvious or not. My mistakes left me disabled........

MamaStro89
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 1:52 PM

just because she can afford these things doesnt mean she is any more a woman than you, it also doesnt mean that she has it as smooth as you think she does. the military only gets you so far as far as money (and other things)goes, its up to the person to use that money (and other sources) wisely, which she likely did. with that said her life may not be as smooth as you think, enlisted military life isnt as easy peasy lemon squezy as people think. its ranked #2 in the nation for most stressfull job(last i check anyways, i could be wrong) divorce is almost imminent- due to the required dedication to the service and long hours, deployments and such. threre's an endless list of stuff they cant do, like theres basic law that every American follows, ya know you go to jail for this and that and its against the law for this, the military has that plus their own set of laws if you will, so they can get jailed or arrested from the civilian side and the military side. and that adds extra stress to an extent because now there is two side from which they can get burned not just one, (i.e- fb can get a military member court martialed and jail time; depending on what they post or like) its not hard to follow the rules, but when you have so many guidelines you must follow, that can add stress. 

you say you dont have the drive or discipline, but really i think you do and you're just being way to hard on yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 2, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I can sympathize on the no job thing. I am still looking but after three years of being home it seems like it is going to be an eternity before finding anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)