• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is This Woman Serious??

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:18 PM
  • 15 Replies

I'm the one who posted yesterday about terrible my job is. Well, let me share a little gem that happened today:

The lady that only works three days a week, makes more money than me (I'm the 2nd longest-standing employee here, she's the newest), who constantly talks s*** about me, and has even INTERVIEWED other women for my position after maternity leave behind my back and the boss's back, actaully SENT HER SISTER IN THE OFFICE TODAY TO ASK ME A FAVOR. She needed help filling out her paperwork with the DMV, and because I am the Title Clerk here, sent her in so I can show her how to fill it out so she doesn't waste time at the DMV. I told her sorry, but she's not my customer, it's not our vehicle, and that the DMV will assist her.

I can't believe her! After everything that happened this week, after all the crap that was slung this weekend about me, she has the AUDACITY to ask me to help HER family member? I seriously put in my notice to quit because of this lady, and all the hell she's put me through.I'm just at a loss for words here.

Vent Over, thanks for reading. :)

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corpswife523
by Krystal on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

If I were you, I'd be pouring me a glass of wine and ordering take out and a movie. Hehehe. I hope things work out and you get to relax!

amylulu1
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know the back story, but based off of this info, I think you are completely justified!  Good job of standing your ground and not being walked on!

rebeccasmly
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:27 AM
I didn't see your other post but good for you. She shouldn't be doing that to you then asking for favors. Ridiculous. Sorry you had to put your notice in because of her though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:13 PM
2 moms liked this

You are going to quit? Can you afford to? if so good for you. I would't let her run you off and quit your job. Thats what she wants you to do and guess who wins? She does. Don't do it sweety.

BeccaJoy622
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Yes and no. I know I can easily find the work, but because I'm due in 85 days I'll be out of work either way, so it wouldn't hurt to put my resume out there. There are plenty of other issues with this place, from the fact that I've been here 2 out of the 3 years we've been open, yet I still make the lowest pay, to the "manager" they've hired last year whose responsibilities I've had to take over with no pay increase, whose mistakes I am CONSTANTLY correcting. Every time I would go to the boss and explain these little mistakes, he would just say "P*** knows what he's doing, trust him." But now that I'm training my maternity leave replacements, they're pointing out the same mistakes and now all o a sudden the bosses do something about them. For instance, he's been double-charging our customers for their tag and title on every contract. Um, hello! That's illegal and therefore voids out evey contract we've done that way. We've had to completely overhaul evey system we use because he wasn't trained in the system we had. I do the bookkeeping and taxes, so switching from Quickbooks to his new system was a really difficult task. Once again, no pay increase, just increased responsibilities. Also, he decided that he wanted to take extra days off, so I had to start working Saturdays (now I'm working 6 days a week whereas he works 5) and I have to do the financing for the customers on those days. What really tops the cake, is he's married to the aforementioned lady! What finally pushed me to quit wasn't even what happened yesterday, but last month I had to take time off because my 4 y/o was in a car accident and suffered a very bad broken arm. Husband and wife complained that because I missed days, they lost $40k in collections, because I wasn't there to answer the phones and take payments. Mind you, when they take their days off, I'm the collector, bookkeeper and finance manager, and I don't seem to drop the ball! Add the fact that the two of them advertised for my replacement BEHIND MY BACK and were bragging about how my days were numbered etc. So yeah, that and even more reasons (1 hour commute for one, paycheck bounced for 2nd) I told them I wasn't coming back.

Sorry this response was so long, idk if you can tell, but I'm a bit frustrated, lol! As far as being able to afford it, we'd definitely have to cut back a little, but we live a pretty comfortable lifestyle, so I'll cut out getting my hair and nails done, eating out, etc if it means my happiness. Besides, SO said he'd do what he had to to support me and the kids, even if it meant working 3 jobs, but trust me, I'll wait tables if I have to! My sanity and time with my kids is much much more worth it!!

Quoting Anonymous:You are going to quit? Can you afford to? if so good for you. I would't let her run you off and quit your job. Thats what she wants you to do and guess who wins? She does. Don't do it sweety.
anotherhalf
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Quitting sounds like a good idea.  You spend so much time at your job you shouldn't have to do it in a bad environment like that.

Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Good for you for standing your ground.

WonderWoman22
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Sounds like a good plan to me. But hey, don't forget to let your boss know why your quitting.

This...

Quoting corpswife523:

If I were you, I'd be pouring me a glass of wine and ordering take out and a movie. Hehehe. I hope things work out and you get to relax!

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:02 PM
This. I'd do battle with that hag.

Quoting Anonymous:

You are going to quit? Can you afford to? if so good for you. I would't let her run you off and quit your job. Thats what she wants you to do and guess who wins? She does. Don't do it sweety.

notomatoes
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:24 AM

time to find another job, sounds to me like the woman looking to take over your job is already sleeping with the boss, what else would explain her pushy, demanding behavior with you ?? as for helping her fill out a dmv form, all you have to do is say, "look, i am sorry, but, i cant figure out how to fill out the dmv forms myself, much less help someone else figure out the forms..sorry"  start looking for another job , before she pushes you out

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)