• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mil problems. I am not allowed to go meet her.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
2 days ago me and dh were drinking. He confessed he felt bad because his mother told him I was not allowed to go meet her because she does not accept me bacause I already have kids that are not dhs. I feel realy bad because dh is her only son. His brothers passed away. He has always been close to her and now he does not talk to her as much. We have a baby togather. I want to talk to him about it but do not know if I should. I feel like I came in between his mom and him. I just needed to vent. Last night I could not sleep because I kept thinking about how I broke there relacionship up.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Bump
Pink.Frosting
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

She broke up their relationship, not you.  I wouldn't say anything to him, no need to pick at an open wound.  Just love him and concentrate on your relationship with him and think of it as her loss.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:57 PM
It realy bugs me they were so tight before. Dh has been alittle down and I think it is because of that. She told him ds was allowed to go but not me. It is not helping that I am suffering from ppd ds is only 6 weeks old.

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

She broke up their relationship, not you.  I wouldn't say anything to him, no need to pick at an open wound.  Just love him and concentrate on your relationship with him and think of it as her loss.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Not your fault its hers. She needs to learn to accept you or live with the fact her son won't talk to her that much.
Tammywhynot
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Would u let anyone come between u and your child? NO, Im sure as hell I wouldnt. If she thinks that little of her son and his son, wife and her grandchild, well its her loss. Hold ur head up high and if she ever does say anything to u remind her how u would never treat ur child the way she has.....

Quoting Anonymous:

2 days ago me and dh were drinking. He confessed he felt bad because his mother told him I was not allowed to go meet her because she does not accept me bacause I already have kids that are not dhs. I feel realy bad because dh is her only son. His brothers passed away. He has always been close to her and now he does not talk to her as much. We have a baby togather. I want to talk to him about it but do not know if I should. I feel like I came in between his mom and him. I just needed to vent. Last night I could not sleep because I kept thinking about how I broke there relacionship up.
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
He needs to lay down the law with her. She's got two choices, lose her son or get over herself. If baby goes mom goes. Let her turn you away and your dh goes too. You, baby and dh are a PACKAGE DEAL. She's gotta square with that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:28 PM

You and your son are a packaged deal. So no to the bringing him over. She needs to accept all of you together. It is not her choice who he son is with. He is with you and she needs to accept that. My ds is only 1, but to be honest when the time comes I know in the future whoever he choose to be with the rest of his life will be considered another member of our family.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Sounds like she needs to grow up and realize her son may make choices that she does not share.

JTE11
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Listen, he's a grown man and you didn't twist his arm and make him be with you he chose that so don't guilt yourself unnecessarily over "coming between" him and his mother. The other thing is, his mother is a grown woman. It is her choice to say you're not welcome, and it's her choice if she wants to break up the family. None of this is your doing. She's choosing to have this attitude, it has nothing to do with you. She could choose to have another outlook on it but prefers to be petty, so don't even think about it for a second. Neither of them were forced into this situation, they need to grow up and deal with it as it is.

rebeccasmly
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:19 PM
You did not come in between them. She decided to drive the wedge herself. She's going to have to be the one who fixes it. Your husband accepted you and your children from a previous relationship.That's doesn't mean she has to be grandma to them but would it really hurt to acknowledge that they are now part of her son's family? They are kids for goodness sake. They didn't ask for any of what is happening. To exclude you and them because the kids are not her son's is immature.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)