Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SSI Rant..

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:15 PM
  • 12 Replies

My son has been getting ssi for 3 years. He's almost 6 and Autistic. We don't get much, but we pay part of the rent, buy his food, and and help with some of his therapy expenses with it. 

I send in my husband's pay stubs every month, in special envelopes they provide. I found out last month that that haven't received them for a year?!?! Where did they go?

So my husband went in two weeks ago and dropped off the print off's of his pay stubs (a whole year's worth). They put them in an envelope with my husband's and son's social security numbers printed on it. 

I just got a letter stating that they need those pay stubs, and his ssi will be suspended if we don't send them in by the 8th. HE DROPPED THEM OFF AT THE OFFICE!!!!! HOW THE HELL DID THEY LOSE THEM?!?!?!

We are going in tomorrow to find out what's going on. This is just rediculous. 

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Hell they can't even call me back. I have left numerous voicemails over the past months. I can't exactly go in to the office right now so phone is my only option.

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Did you get a receipt?
Qmama206
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:05 PM

I hope you figure it out and the money is not cut off

zombieskayer
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:23 PM

They make you mail them in? My little one has ssi for autism to and they make me call an automated number on the first and report my wages for the month..

ACrystalLilly
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Sending your family angels to help you deal with all this SSI stuff as it can be more of a challenge - may you know that they are helping to assist you with this trial.

Blessings

tammy_lynne
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Thank you

Quoting Qmama206:

I hope you figure it out and the money is not cut off

tammy_lynne
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:26 PM

My husband said it's in his car, but it's only the number that they gave him as he was waiting to go up and see them. 

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Did you get a receipt?

tammy_lynne
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:27 PM

The office here doesn't have that. I wish they did. I have had no trouble mailing them in until this year. 

Quoting zombieskayer:

They make you mail them in? My little one has ssi for autism to and they make me call an automated number on the first and report my wages for the month..

tammy_lynne
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Do you think they get paid more if they give people a hard time? lol 

Quoting Anonymous:

Hell they can't even call me back. I have left numerous voicemails over the past months. I can't exactly go in to the office right now so phone is my only option.

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Most agencies give a receipt for documents so maybe that's why they don't have it. Always get the receipt or the name of the person you give it to.

Quoting tammy_lynne:

My husband said it's in his car, but it's only the number that they gave him as he was waiting to go up and see them. 

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Did you get a receipt?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)