• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cannot stand moms not disciplining!!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:43 PM
  • 57 Replies
So we were at the park today and my dd who is 5 was minding her business playing with HER toys and these 2 kids brother and sister just took them once they were on the floor, the grandma saw it- didnt say a thing! It was at a water fountain, so they were like buckets and water toys, then another mom didnt say a word when her son- probably like 4 or 5 kept spraying my dd w a water gun thing and she asked him nicely more than once, so finally I just took all the toys and said ok come on well just go do something else. But seriously the mom was watching her son do this and saw my dd not liking it and she didnt say a damn word! Wtf am I crazy or was this just not downright bad parenting
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skittlebeans88
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Just bad parenting. I would've said something to either the mom or kid. No one messes with my little girl lol
harajukumoma
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I know I really should've and most cases I would've I was just tired I guess and didnt feel like dealing w it, I'm always watching out like a freaking guard dog with my girls! It's kinda ridiculous ! Lol

Quoting skittlebeans88:

Just bad parenting. I would've said something to either the mom or kid. No one messes with my little girl lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Bad parents call me a helicopter parent.
JTE11
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Bad parenting. She obviously thinks her kids are entitled to do anything they please.  They'll be a joy when they're teens. I'd have intervened with the kids and if the mom didn't like it, too bad. I'm not going to let someone else walk all over my kid and take her toys, either.

BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:49 PM
I would have asked the kid to stop squirting her with water.

As for the toy issue, I encourage my son to share, so I would have tried to get them to play together.
phoenixhuntress
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:07 PM
I would have asked the kid's mother to have him stop. If my sons had done that to anyone I'd have A: made them stop it, B: apologize & C: taken the toys away from them. Then again I'm a stern mom. I think manners really do matter.
ihave1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Fuck, you are just as bad.  Give your kid some fucking room to breath.   OP I would have said something to tthat parent, that shit dont fly w/ me.  

Quoting Anonymous:

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:11 PM
I meant the way I parent would make such bad parents call me a helicopter parent. In comparison.

Quoting ihave1:

Fuck, you are just as bad.  Give your kid some fucking room to breath.   OP I would have said something to tthat parent, that shit dont fly w/ me.  

Quoting Anonymous:

ihave1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:14 PM

lol you forgot to go anon.  Anyway I see what you mean & I guess I could be the same way.  I let my girl play at the park, but I dont sit my ass down and get on my phone & ignore her.  She usually likes me to  slide w/ her.  That's her thing slides, she hates the swings. lol    I spend really time w/ her.  

Quoting MissTacoBell:

I meant the way I parent would make such bad parents call me a helicopter parent. In comparison.

Quoting ihave1:

Quoting Anonymous:

harajukumoma
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:51 PM
I always encourage sharing but not when kids are being bratty and taking it on purpose to piss my dd off! This girl was looking right at her like look I'm taking your toy and I knkw it's making you mad... Seriously this girl was not nice- the little boy her brother we didnt have a problem with. But his big sister was not gonna just take her toys she has to of known better and I don't want my kid playing with kids like that anyways!

Quoting BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs:

I would have asked the kid to stop squirting her with water.

As for the toy issue, I encourage my son to share, so I would have tried to get them to play together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)