Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It takes more than loving a child to be a good mom.

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:43 PM
  • 10 Replies

I'm sorry but it does! Just because you love your child does not automatically make you a good mom.  My step sister is 24 and has a 6 year old son who was born with fluid on the brain, so they had all these issues with him of course and now he's a super hyper kid (I don't know if it has anything to do with the fluid). He has a really hard time staying focused and he touches EVERYTHING, but he is a super sweet kid. His mother on the other hand acts like shes 15. She was in an abusive realtionship on and off for 5 years and she finally left him for good back in March. She had been living with my step-dad's ex wife who is her adoptive mother (she was adopted by my step-dad and his ex wife when she was 14).  She worked, would take her son to and from school and what not, she was overall great. .I mean she'd get frustrated with her son when he was hyper but who doesn't every once and ahile.

Well fast forward to april my step dad died and we found out that while we were at the hospital with him in his final days when she should have been at his bed side she was out sleeping around in his house with my brother's friend who is 18 and lived with us at the time. Well everything went downhill from there, we found out that she was sneaking off in the middle of the night to have sex with him BEHIND A CHURCH! We all confronted them and she said it was gonna stop. Then she found an apartment (that she really can't afford) moved in and a week later my brother's friend's stuff was gone and he was living with her! Since they moved in together she has been skipping work, lays in bed all day and basically does nothing but have sex with this boy. 

We all have gone up at different times of the day finding her and the boyfriend upstairs sleeping and the 6 year old on the couch in the heat (we've had 90-95 degree heat alot lately). He has been having to fend for himself with food basically and has  done nothing but sit in the heat. Her apartment is a one bedroom and she makes him sleep on the couch in the heat so her boyfriend and her can have sex without having to worry about him. Being sick of it as everyone is and worrying about the son we all have brought it up and told her she needs to cut the shit and grow up considering she is 24 and a mother she should be a mother not a skank. She said she understood blah blah blah. Well now she's posting pictures of herself naked from right above the nipple up with the boyfriend both COVERED in hickies. I went into where she works today and her boss tells me she is getting fired in 2 days because she doesn't show up. We went to see the son and all she did was scream and threaten to beat the shit out of him. I

I took the son out of the apartment and my mom told her you either step up and be a mom or we will call CPS because it's not fair to the child. She's pretty much said CPS can't do a thing becuase she loves her son... I'm sorry but loving your son does not make you a good mom automatically. It takes more then love to be a good mother and to provide for your child and she has done NOTHING. It's so sad, the 6 year old has started having "accidents" in his underwear because the enviroment is so unstable..

We are calling CPS it's happening but I mean seriously how can you feel love is enough for a child!? I just don't get how people can do this stuff to their children. I feel bad if my mom makes me go out once and a while to get away from my son. 

MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
destiny3513
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:54 PM
I agree but can't read this whole thing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:48 PM
It's not that long are you serious? Go read a book good lord.

Quoting destiny3513:

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:49 PM
I feel so bad for that little boy :-(
mrsjksimmons
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:04 PM

You're sister is...well, I have no words. Call CPS and try to get your nephew removed into either your or your mother's care. That poor boy.

rebeccasmly
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I agree with you. I know moms who love their kids so much but they're just not a good mom. I feel sorry for that little boy. Could you possibly take him in?

LgraceMe
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:07 PM

People astound me to the point I can't help but think drugs are involved when they do such terrible things to their kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:55 PM
If it was written better I would have read it all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting destiny3513:

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Lazy bum

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting destiny3513:

zombieskayer
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Considerin i was typing this in a fuming anger i wasn't worried about perfection.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting destiny3513:

zombieskayer
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:09 AM
We are trying to, my mom and i technically have no legal rights since she was my step dads adopted daughter. We told her that we would take her son for awhile to give her a chance to get her life straighten out but she won't take it. She pretty much insists she's a good mom because she loves him.

Quoting rebeccasmly:

I agree with you. I know moms who love their kids so much but they're just not a good mom. I feel sorry for that little boy. Could you possibly take him in?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)