Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You're Copying Us!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

So… I’m getting sick and tired of people say that DH and I are copying them!

One of which is my SIL, and I already have a disgust with her sometimes.

First she says that we copied her with getting engaged and then getting married around the same time as her and her douchebag of a husband, then she says that we copied her in getting pregnant, that our baby’s birthday will be right around her baby’s birthday, and now (and this is funny b/c this is a 50/50 shot) she says that we’re copying her in having a boy.

Now I know that we weren’t doing any of our events out of spite and to blatantly copy her, things just happened that way. But I’m getting sick and tired of every bit of news that we have there’s a response of “you guys are copying us!” It could just be my ultra pregnant hormones, but THEN my DH’s bestfriend and his wife (who also happens to be my DH’s ex girlfriend from years ago – weird I know) is also pregnant and they are 1 month further than we are, and also having a boy – now they’ve taken up the “You’re copying us” saying.

I’m just so sick of it. Mainly from SIL because she’ll just come out and say it all the time, and not in a jokingly manner.
DH thinks its funny and I’m just wanting to bitch slap someone the next time they say something. UGH 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
nerdymom28
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I would tell them all to grow up and then just let it go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Uh huh, right, because *they* were the first ones EVER to get married, get pregnant, and have a son.  Geez.

rebeccasmly
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Sounds a bit immature. I would jsut ignore them and try not to let it bother me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)