Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Relocated...and now I feel miserable

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:17 PM
  • 3 Replies

My family and I have relocated from Abq, NM to Lame Deer, MT. So I basically went from city to rural town. I honestly thought I'd be ok with it. My husband got a great job after being laid off since March. We have 3 small children we have to provide for. And getting into this hospital is what he's wanted for a long time. But, I was hoping it would be in Abq. I've grown up in New Mexico. And we've lived in Abq for the past 10 years. He grew up in a very rural town so this isn't exactly new to him even though we've lived in the city for the past 10 yrs. Now, his contract with this hospital is only for a year. Then if he'd like he can relocate but he doesn't want to. He loves it. I'm the one having a very hard time with the change. There isn't much here. A little corner store. A gas station and the hospital. A few other small businesses. But its a very under developed area. Reservation town basically. My husband is navajo. 

I didn't think I'd be taking it this hard. I find myself having more anxiety than I did before and I just break down crying because I miss everything. Even my children are taking this better than I am. I'm scared these feelings will never go away. I'm scared it will make my relationship hard with my husband. I just don't know what to do.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
rebeccasmly
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Give yourself time. A move that big would be extremely hard. A wonderful friend of mine ended up in the same situation you're in. She was fine until the night before she left and then she broke down. Her first few months, maybe even close to a year, was miserable for her. She wanted to come home so bad. She eventually started to meet friends though and things got better. I am sure they will for you too. You all did the right thing for your family. It was a hard choice but sometimes those choices have to be made.

Dee0886
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:29 PM
That can be rough. Sounds like me when I moved to England with exdh. I was only 19 and felt pretty lonely in a strange country. But I got use to it and I delt.
abecenti79
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:31 PM

thank you rebeccasmly. 

I know it was the right thing to do. I guess what makes it hard for me is I'm a huge introvert. And I deal with anxiety. So change can sometimes be hard for me but I've dealt farely well in the past. But I didnt think this would be so hard for me. I'm finding it hard even looking for a school for my children. Im guessing because of my anxiety. I really hope it gets easier with time. Thank you for your kind words.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)