Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

So sick of the way our warfare system works?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am all for people getting goverment assistance. Eveytime I go grocery shoping I see people who are on walfare purchase all types of exotic foods. I think if you recieve goverment assistance you should have to volunteer 10 hours of community service a mounth. Oh, I forgot about cell phones why should I have to pay for someone who is on welfare to have a cell phone. Sorry, I hope I do not offend anyone. 

by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:42 PM
2 moms liked this

I love when some get angry because others live better. We didn't put you on welfare, you choose ti collect. You could  be working to if you really wanted too, instead of complaining. Why don't some of you better your lives?. Stop whining about being broke. You always have excuses. Go back to school , and get a better education or training of some sort. Don't blame those who have educated themselves and live better. You have no idea what out lives use to be. Those of us who do, worked hard to get where we are. We didn't depend on the Goverment to take care of us and our children. I used BC and had my son when I felt we could afford to have a child. I'm in debt, I must pay back a student loan for the next 12 years, but I have a great job now. Sure it helped, I earn quite a bit more then I would have if I didn't get a higher edication. It isn't fair to those who pay outrageous taxes so you can sit home and diddle your fingers online and whine, or spit out another kid you can't afford. I make enough to pay my bills and live a decent life and so could you, if your really wanted too. And it is our business when we pay your bills, rent, food, cell phones, and medical. And some even et collee free...Not fair to those who nust arse daily. So get over yourself. It's a damn shame you can eat better then me, and don't work. And you have medical and we don't. And now Free cell phones, its BS and what ever else you take free from tax payers and our gov. Your getting rewarded for sitting on your arse, thats not right or fair. 

If you're able bodied you shouldn't be taking anything. I don't mean those who are legit and disabled, elderly or Vets and those who recently lost jobs, or were displaced. I mean lazy people who just decide to live on the dole their entire lives, aren't the least bit responsible and pop out kids from every Tom, Dick and Harry, Yeah, YOU! .

We're more forunate because we don't want to live the way you are living and don't want to live day to day! We  want better for our kids, and get up everyday and work are arse off, some of us work two jobs.  Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Stop talking and Do something about it.  Even homeless people have changed their lives to better themselves. Even the mentally challenged,Blind and people without Limbs, work, they don't come online and blame others for their issues. Did you ever see the movie Homeless to Harvard ? Maybe you need to watch it.  There are plenty of us on CM that have struggled,and lived on the street once or twice, or with relatives and we made it, you can too. I worked two jobs and went to school, it's not going to just land in your lap. Get out there & do something to better yourself and your childrens lives. Maybe you'd gain some self esteem while your at it too. Ask a social worker to help you, call some shools. Han a sign, post on craigslist, do some ironing, house work,for someone, there's plenty out there to do, and always people looking for help.

babymamalover84
by New Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:52 PM
I agree with you 100%.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 2, 2013 at 6:00 PM

FS was expanded a few years back so more people would qualify because of the recession.  It is expiring in Nov. and many will be booted off .  I support this.  How about feeding your own families for a change? There have always been poor people, but they did not always live off the system or send their kids to school for a free breakfast/lunch

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 2, 2013 at 6:25 PM
2 moms liked this
Steak is food. It's a cut of cow that doesn't cost more per pound than ground beef.

People on special diets like my son who can't have gluten are supposed to do what exactly? Should have thought of that before he elected autism and celiac? Hmm.

I coupon and get off brands whenever I can saving a good 20% off each grocery bill.

Btw, you can get name brands on WIC.

I'm not sure where your information is coming from but no one who gets PA lives high on the horse. Because you see me getting a treat, does not mean I'm buying the most expensive of everything. It means I wanted a treat. And it's not your place to tell me I can't spend 50 cents on a candy bar.

Oh and please explain how I'm supposed to stretch non-existent money? Dh works full time and I have to be home with ds since he has special needs. There's $90 left after rent, gas, electric, fuel and toilet paper. For a month of gluten free foods and other groceries? Are you kidding me?

Those people you see with 600+ in FS cheat the system by claiming they have x amount of people living with them (all they need do is bring in a social security card and say they prepare their food) and they get FS for them.

Maybe instead of poking at those of us who actually USE their FS wisely and just barely make it on what little they get, you report the people who screw the system by lying.

And the whole you paying for it thing, yeah try again. Guess what? Dh and I paid into the system for 11 years without taking a dime. We more than earned our right to get help.

When I finally get off FS I plan on HELPING people who are down on their luck asking "how can I help" rather than being a pussy hiding behind my keyboard putting people down for needing help and DARING to buy foods you don't personally approve.

Mind your own business at the checkout. How would you like someone gawking at your bank card and your basket? You wouldn't and its not appropriate but somehow it's ok when their poor. Fuck sakes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

As someone on PA I can tell you that it's none of your business what we buy. It's rude and intrusive for you to gawk. Being so broke you can barely pay your utilities sucks enough without some holier than thou hag who is more fortunate than you make you feel like a social pariah for needing help.

You're no better in my book than the teenagers that throw trash at homeless people.

You don't think there should be some restrictions on what kinds of foods that someone on PA gets?  WIC at least gives you a guideline of things that you are allowed to get.  I think that program is much smarter than just giving you basic outline of no hot foods.

Why should you get steak and name brand foods when the rest of us have to watch each penny?  YOU should be expected to do the same, at least with our money.

YES being so broke you can barely pay your utilities DOES SUCK!  I know!!!!  Now try to make that money stretch for food too.  I'll tell ya... steak is not on the menu.

2012Rabbit12
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

WARFARE?! like spiritual warfare? or wars in the middle east? welfare is a better thing then wasting money on wars;)army

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:37 PM

personally, I have too many problems in my own life to worry about what others are doing, unless they are close to me. Taxes must be paid no matter what, it will go to something. My bil is a drug addict and collects GR. (no kids, thank God. only because he can't have children.) Because I'm pretty sure all his aid goes on drugs.. and that's just sad. I just pray for others though. I don't know everybody's whole story. Even those close to me I don't know everything..seems like you feel very strongly about welfare recipients.

Quoting Anonymous:

I love when some get angry because others live better. We didn't put you on welfare, you choose ti collect. You could  be working to if you really wanted too, instead of complaining. Why don't some of you better your lives?. Stop whining about being broke. You always have excuses. Go back to school , and get a better education or training of some sort. Don't blame those who have educated themselves and live better. You have no idea what out lives use to be. Those of us who do, worked hard to get where we are. We didn't depend on the Goverment to take care of us and our children. I used BC and had my son when I felt we could afford to have a child. I'm in debt, I must pay back a student loan for the next 12 years, but I have a great job now. Sure it helped, I earn quite a bit more then I would have if I didn't get a higher edication. It isn't fair to those who pay outrageous taxes so you can sit home and diddle your fingers online and whine, or spit out another kid you can't afford. I make enough to pay my bills and live a decent life and so could you, if your really wanted too. And it is our business when we pay your bills, rent, food, cell phones, and medical. And some even et collee free...Not fair to those who nust arse daily. So get over yourself. It's a damn shame you can eat better then me, and don't work. And you have medical and we don't. And now Free cell phones, its BS and what ever else you take free from tax payers and our gov. Your getting rewarded for sitting on your arse, thats not right or fair. 

If you're able bodied you shouldn't be taking anything. I don't mean those who are legit and disabled, elderly or Vets and those who recently lost jobs, or were displaced. I mean lazy people who just decide to live on the dole their entire lives, aren't the least bit responsible and pop out kids from every Tom, Dick and Harry, Yeah, YOU! .

We're more forunate because we don't want to live the way you are living and don't want to live day to day! We  want better for our kids, and get up everyday and work are arse off, some of us work two jobs.  Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Stop talking and Do something about it.  Even homeless people have changed their lives to better themselves. Even the mentally challenged,Blind and people without Limbs, work, they don't come online and blame others for their issues. Did you ever see the movie Homeless to Harvard ? Maybe you need to watch it.  There are plenty of us on CM that have struggled,and lived on the street once or twice, or with relatives and we made it, you can too. I worked two jobs and went to school, it's not going to just land in your lap. Get out there & do something to better yourself and your childrens lives. Maybe you'd gain some self esteem while your at it too. Ask a social worker to help you, call some shools. Han a sign, post on craigslist, do some ironing, house work,for someone, there's plenty out there to do, and always people looking for help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 3, 2013 at 3:08 AM
1 mom liked this

My family use to be on welfare and we had smart phones and the internet. There were five of us. I had knee surgery but could not work and my brother was a full time student. My twin sister did not live with us. And my father didnt make very much money either. We had enough money to pay all the bills but we did not have enough money to feed us all. Yes, we would try new foods now and than but we always made sure that we still shopped on a budget.

I am sorry for the people that judges others without knowing their whole back story.. Why do you not judge yourself? Rude

SylviaNCali
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 3:44 AM

The thing I notice is a lot of times the people who get free food have basket loaded with food and tons of milk. More milk than could fit in one fridge. I'm not sure about the foods because I normally am not analyzing the things in the cart i just notice their carts are loaded up more than the average familes would be. They do give more than needed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Quoting SylviaNCali:

The thing I notice is a lot of times the people who get free food have basket loaded with food and tons of milk. More milk than could fit in one fridge. I'm not sure about the foods because I normally am not analyzing the things in the cart i just notice their carts are loaded up more than the average familes would be. They do give more than needed.

I knew a gal who used to sell her excess food from Food stamps.  She didn't see anything wrong with it.  She'd give her friends a mark down from the cost and then use the money for stuff she couldn't get on FS.   She took orders too.   

She justified that she needed this other stuff and it wasn't fair that the government wouldn't let her buy just whatever she needed!  Either that or she'd return it to another store and say she didn't have the receipt and use the store credit or cash to buy what she wanted.  Some stores have tried to crack down on that but it's really hard to track.

AMRios
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I don't mind when people use it as assistance when they need it... With this dumbass in office a lot of people have really needed it... But when it becomes a lifesytle that is when I have a problem! When you have on new J's, pants below your ass, a 40 in your hand next to that free cell phone that is a problem!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)