Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Bio Mom Taking SD and her BF on vacation

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

My 16 yr old SD is going on a week cruise with biomom and her husband which I have known about all summer.  It just slipped out last night that they are taking sd's boyfriend too and paying for a separate cabin for them.  I'm so disappointed that this was a secret they kept from me and dh and although I don't think we have any say in this I would have objected anyways.  DH doesn't seem to have a problem with it but I think she's too young.  I know they have sex and she's on bc now, but I sure wouldn't be giving them their own room.  But I guess I'm just the stepmom who has no say in this.  Pisses me off!  Thanks for letting me vent.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
GarysWife1991
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 6:30 AM

I'd be upset that they tried keeping it a secret from you and didn't involve you in the decision.  But at 16 alot of teens do have sex and if they can afford to pay for your daughter and her boyfriend to have their own cabin then let them go and enjoy the vacation.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Your husband has the right to object. I don't teens need to vacation together. I also don't agree with opposite sex sleepovers either.
anotherhalf
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I get that they are sleeping together and she is on bc, but I still don't think its right to actually get them a room together.  It isn't a logical reaction I know, but it feels wrong to me.

Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:42 PM

That is upsetting. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I wouldn't let them have a seperate cabin either.

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Sorry to say you have no say. Though I totally wish I had parents like that...

enlightened_24
by Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:09 PM

at 17 I went on a weekend trip with my BF and his parents...We had two rooms too...His mom and I shared one and he was with his dad in the other. We still throroughly enjoyed the vacation. IDC if they are having sex at 16 , you arent supposed to condone it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)