Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Having a hard time today...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

My husband and I are divorcing.  We have an 8 month old son.  He is a very abusive man so i had to get out before he hurt our son.  We are now going thru a custody battle.  Still waiting for mediation.  He never helped with our son before ever. Didnt care that he cried but now wants to be part of his life.  I'm scared for my son.  His father needs to get help. 

Currently he has visits on the weekends and he is very hostile every time he comes to pick him up.  I try to talk to him about his son's morrning....how much he ate, AM naps etc.  He just walks away.  Completely ignores me.  Last weekend when he dropped off our son he was screaming at me regarding some of his stuff that was missing.  (I packed all is stuff up since he wouldnt leave and changed the locks. I own the house)  He didnt tell me anything about our son.  I texted him that evening asking How our son's day went.  No reply.  He texted me asking about the truck the next day. (the truck is in my name)  I didnt understand what he really wanted so i called him. He yelled at me, said its not rocket science! and told me what does it matter what he eats or how much he naps. Hung up on me.

I dont know how much more i can take. I dont know if i can do this for the next 18 yrs. We are not even together and Im still being abused.  He texts me horrible things.  I had to tell him to stop texting me and email me only regarding our son.  The other day, i checked our bank acct info...he got a room at the motel 6. I guess thats what he meant by saying There are a lot of awesome women out there.  He doesnt help pay for his son's diapers / formula. Im still paying for his healthcare insurance.  He said He will give me money for it.  No dime.  It must be nice to move on so quickly and not have any responsibility.

I am so sad today. Feel sick to my stomach.  Wish he would just go away. Leave my son and I alone. Cant wait for our divorce to go thru. Custody orders done. He hurt me so bad.  I started couseling this week and joined the gym.  Got a hot personal trainer.  I hope i get better soon.  The abuse really took a toll on me. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 9, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tikirose91
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2013 at 4:41 PM

You need to get full custody of your son if these facts are really true. Keep every nasty messsage and voicemail he sends you, save every email he sends you, and start a file of abuse. That's the only way you can prove he is a danger to your child in court. Physical evidence is key. I would worry about him abusing your son as well, start checking your son's body and asking him questions. This man does not need to be apart of any child's life.

kerryket
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2013 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Document everything, keep a calendar and don't let anything slide, that is tremendous pressure to be under, I hope things get better for you.
Perstephane92
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Bump for update - how are you doing?

Tiff22Faith
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:20 PM

I say that you need to get all of your phone records to show the texts he sends to you as well as any rude emails. This may also sound terrible but when he calls try to record it so that you can prove how he acts with you. It may sound like playing dirty but the safety of your son has to come first. Also, try and get you time so that you can offset the stress. I'm sorry he has hurt you. I'll pray for you.

KikiKia
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:51 AM

Keep records of this guys behavior, texts, emails, everything.  Try to get sole custody if possible.  This man sounds horrible.  I am so happy you are getting out of this toxic marriage.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)