Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I know it should be a compliment, but...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

So my fiance and his brother damn near look like twins. (i almost smacked his brother's ass before i realized). When my former friends met my fiance they told me how attractive they think he is. Any woman is lying if she says it doesn't feel good to know other women think her man looks good.

Then they met his brother and started wondering whether his brother would be leaving his wife and baby any time soon. That was a poor shot at a compliment.

When we  would meet up, they would ask me to show them all the new pics of "the brothers" and the first time i thought it was sweet because they cared, but then i started getting texts requesting photos with my fiance's shirt off, or while the guys were playing foot ball.

I have since stopped talking to these girls because they didn't understand where i was coming from when i told them i was uncomfortable. They thought i was uptight and selfish....for not "sharing the goods" so obviously they didn't even take me seriously because...who says that!?!?!

I just don't understand how women in their late 20's can be this way!? It's like they're 15!!!

Rant over :)

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
villagemamma
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this

thats super creepy

psych_mom
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:36 AM
2 moms liked this
Um, boundaries,? They obviously don't understand them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
schultzal
by Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow, those women were totally out of line!
mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:38 AM
2 moms liked this

o.O

They sound way to desperate.

Saydar
by Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Whoa
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow. 

petitekatie
by Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with all of the above comments.
madlor
by Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:11 AM
2 moms liked this

Clearly, these girls are not your friends. It is fine to say, "hey girl, good going on your hot man", but to bug you for photos? ew.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I agree! The first time they told me they thought he was attractive, i thought it was nice to hear. I was fine leaving it at that. Taking it to this level was unnecessary. Now that we no longer talk I can better see who they really were. 1 of them only sleeps with married men....so that explains a lot. I'm glad im not associated with them anymore :)

Quoting madlor:

Clearly, these girls are not your friends. It is fine to say, "hey girl, good going on your hot man", but to bug you for photos? ew.

madlor
by Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

If she sleeps with married guys, she certainly will make a play for your hubby.That is what I call "pruning the lilac bush of life"...butterfly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN