Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I mean really who does this?? (vent)

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:00 AM
  • 20 Replies
Ok... So I take the baby to visit my mom... What's the first thing she does.. Not kisses and oh. I missed you baby.... But looks all over him arms,legs, neck, and the rest of his body. Then to top it off smells his damn head. Like I just beat my three week old baby and just set him in a room with cig smoke. First of all I don't even believe in spanking a child until they are much older and done something horrible. Secondly my SO smokes outside since LO was born. And lastly my SO's ma and my grandmother are always complimenting how great I'm doing as a new mom. Why the hell can't my own mom be the same way????

Ugh, sorry I really just needed to vent.
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleynoel2121
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this

just ignore it and smile. my mom does the same thing...for 2 years now...everyday...then comments about how much of a terrible person i am...didn't know being an iraq verteran, living on my own with a job, puttig my SO thru school raising 2 kids under 3 years old all while keeping my sanity was being a terrible person. lol i ignore it, bc i knowmy mom and how she is. 

most likely your mom is just being a lil judgmental bc she's 'the best mom in the world' in her head and she wants to find a fault to prove that to herself. dont get discouraged, your doing great!!

newmommy2131
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Thank you. Hopefully things start getting better. I'm trying so hard to have a good relationship , because honestly we never have. And im sorry your ma is like that. From the way it sounds you are doing great as well. !

Quoting ashleynoel2121:

just ignore it and smile. my mom does the same thing...for 2 years now...everyday...then comments about how much of a terrible person i am...didn't know being an iraq verteran, living on my own with a job, puttig my SO thru school raising 2 kids under 3 years old all while keeping my sanity was being a terrible person. lol i ignore it, bc i knowmy mom and how she is. 

most likely your mom is just being a lil judgmental bc she's 'the best mom in the world' in her head and she wants to find a fault to prove that to herself. dont get discouraged, your doing great!!

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

She actually sniffed your baby?? wtf? lol

newmommy2131
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Right!? Lol. That's what I'm saying.

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

She actually sniffed your baby?? wtf? lol

ashleynoel2121
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:12 AM

thank u hun!! yea my mother and i never got along, she always wanted me out the her house since i was about 15. so i started to work at 15 while being in school and being a cheerleader all so that i wouldnt have to be in the house a lot. then i joined the military at 17 right out of hs and 3 momnths in she wanted me to come home so bad and she was so "depressed" after 2 years of this and her stressing me out and me falling into  depression i seperated from he military, my dad wanted to fly to me so we can drive home together. she tried to stop him from coming to me telling him i have to stay where i was (oklahoma) because i was a piece of crap and didnt deserve a family. he didnt listen thankfully...then i moved home for a onth and left again bc i could take it. then i met my SO moved in with him got pregnant and she flipped on me, calling me a terrible person and that my SO was going to leave me and that i deserve to be living in the gutter. 3 years later, im a great mom and i know it. i have cut her off completely. she hasnt seen her grandkids in over 3 months, even though she only lives 15 minutes away but shes 'too busy' to come over. so i put my foot down, my oldest doesnt even know who she is since she hasnt been in his life too much. its sad  to cut ties, but im protecting my kids.

sorry that was long lol

Quoting newmommy2131:

Thank you. Hopefully things start getting better. I'm trying so hard to have a good relationship , because honestly we never have. And im sorry your ma is like that. From the way it sounds you are doing great as well. !

Quoting ashleynoel2121:

LaReina_5
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this
My mom was acting kinda fun with me once I had my youngest son. She knows I'm a great mom but she has that crazy crap embedded in her brain not to give me recognition of my hard work and dedication.
Keep up the good work mamïcita, don't let that even play on ur mind. It really shows, thru the little one, when a mother is doing her thing to the best of her ability.
I commend u and all the real mothers out there!
PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:42 AM
2 moms liked this

Stop trying, hon... if you've never had a good relationship with the woman who gave birth to you and is supposed to love you unconditionally, you never will. I know it's hard to take, but for your sanity and your child's emotional well being, build your family with people who love you.  That is what family is... people who love you, not necessarily people who are related to you.

Quoting newmommy2131:

Quoting ashleynoel2121:

newmommy2131
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:36 AM
I completely agree with what you said about what family is. And sometimes that's how I feel. Then I start thinking about things and I really just wish I had a normal genuine mother daughter relationship, so I push.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Stop trying, hon... if you've never had a good relationship with the woman who gave birth to you and is supposed to love you unconditionally, you never will. I know it's hard to take, but for your sanity and your child's emotional well being, build your family with people who love you.  That is what family is... people who love you, not necessarily people who are related to you.

Quoting newmommy2131:

Quoting ashleynoel2121:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I think I'd laugh, hold out my hands as if holding pen and paper, and ask, "Do you want to mark on this paper all the dents and dings so you aren't held accountable for that damage?" When she asked what you're talking about, I'd say, "Well, you're inspecting the baby like a rental car, so I thought you'd like to document it like one."

newmommy2131
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Im sorry you had to go through all that.Sometimes, we have those people and have go through things... To mold us into the great women and mothers that we are.

Quoting ashleynoel2121:

thank u hun!! yea my mother and i never got along, she always wanted me out the her house since i was about 15. so i started to work at 15 while being in school and being a cheerleader all so that i wouldnt have to be in the house a lot. then i joined the military at 17 right out of hs and 3 momnths in she wanted me to come home so bad and she was so "depressed" after 2 years of this and her stressing me out and me falling into  depression i seperated from he military, my dad wanted to fly to me so we can drive home together. she tried to stop him from coming to me telling him i have to stay where i was (oklahoma) because i was a piece of crap and didnt deserve a family. he didnt listen thankfully...then i moved home for a onth and left again bc i could take it. then i met my SO moved in with him got pregnant and she flipped on me, calling me a terrible person and that my SO was going to leave me and that i deserve to be living in the gutter. 3 years later, im a great mom and i know it. i have cut her off completely. she hasnt seen her grandkids in over 3 months, even though she only lives 15 minutes away but shes 'too busy' to come over. so i put my foot down, my oldest doesnt even know who she is since she hasnt been in his life too much. its sad  to cut ties, but im protecting my kids.

sorry that was long lol

Quoting newmommy2131:

Quoting ashleynoel2121:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN