Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Abusive Men

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Do you think men are abusive? Because they feel they got a woman out their league. And intimated by her. And want to control her. My ex favorite thing to say to me was im not about sht. I wasnt working when i was with him. But i had my own apartment. And he didnt. I also had money from my cs coming in. He begs his mother for money. Or sisters. Or run into women that can take care of him. He is 30. Im much younger than him. And been working since i was 16. And i have enough to take care of me and my ds. But not a man. He also would belittle me. Call me ugly and dirty. And he would cheat on me. When we broke up. And he wanted to see me. He didnt even have money for a hotel. I realize that he was indeed jealous and intimated by me. Not that im rich. But im ok. I dnt have to beg anybody for anything. And i have my own. Also he im very pretty and alot of men like me. I think men that abuse women are insecure. As well as pycho. I regret meeting him. He was the worse relationship i ever had. He treated me like sht. This was an everyday battle. I actually believed what he said. I let him cheat. Verbally abuse me. Physically. Even to this day. He wont leave me alone.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I think some men do go for women that are not exactly out of their league, but maybe more intelligent or independent or even have more self-confidence just so he can break her down and build himself up in the process. Let's just say that I have seen some controlling, abusive men do this in life.

v2011
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I think you are right.  They have this feeling of inadequacy, like any bully.  They have to hurt someone to make themselves feel better, constantly "prooving their manhood".

My ex is like that.  He tells me I am everything he actually is.  He calls me an ugly, user who tries to get as much as I can from everyone around me.  He says I'm lazy, stupid, blah blah blah

The fact is I have my own place, he lives with his mom, she pays all the bills and even his gas. I take care of myself, he is sloppy and gaining weight.  The man didn't pay child support for years and I had to have his wadges garnished. Everytime we have gone to court I have run circles around him, hes so stupid.  Can't believe I was with such a loser.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Exactly. Also my ex has a felony record. I never been to jail in my life. He would say things to me. He actually was. It was quite distrubing. And i didnt see it until i left the relationship.

Quoting v2011:

I think you are right.  They have this feeling of inadequacy, like any bully.  They have to hurt someone to make themselves feel better, constantly "prooving their manhood".

My ex is like that.  He tells me I am everything he actually is.  He calls me an ugly, user who tries to get as much as I can from everyone around me.  He says I'm lazy, stupid, blah blah blah

The fact is I have my own place, he lives with his mom, she pays all the bills and even his gas. I take care of myself, he is sloppy and gaining weight.  The man didn't pay child support for years and I had to have his wadges garnished. Everytime we have gone to court I have run circles around him, hes so stupid.  Can't believe I was with such a loser.  

Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I had an abusive ex when I was 20. It was no walk in the park and I'm glad I got out when I did. But fortunately, not all men are like that. 

mistressflora
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:55 PM

yeah I think if a man thinks hes better than the women and he can have anyone and she cant get anyone else I do believe they use that.  I had a few guys like that, and I left, I didnt deal with it.

supercarp
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I have regrets like that, too. I let my dh emotionally abuse me: I was neglected for many years and I couldn't put a name to what was going on because he wasn't physically or verbally abusing me. Neglect hurts, too.

mysticalmalissa
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I have no room for men like that in my life.

I went that route once and learned to never do it again.

kerryket
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this
This!

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

I have no room for men like that in my life.

I went that route once and learned to never do it again.

Saurusmom8
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Yes! This.... 110% agree.

Quoting psych_mom:

I think some men do go for women that are not exactly out of their league, but maybe more intelligent or independent or even have more self-confidence just so he can break her down and build himself up in the process. Let's just say that I have seen some controlling, abusive men do this in life.

catrig
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:40 PM

They definitely have some issue/issues going on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)