Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

At what point can a guy...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

Poll

Question: At what stage in your relationship should a guy cut off ties with girls?

Options:

He can be friends with whoever he wants!

High school

College

When you move in together

When you have a kid together

Engaged

Married

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 20

View Results

...no longer have any females friends?

p.s. I'm not talking about being friends with other couples, or being friends with a girl that's not at all in his age range category, etc. I mean hanging out with a girl one on one.

Please comment if you chose other!

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I'm not ok with one on one girlfriends at any stage. I don't see the point of them. 

LokisMama
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't see the problem, nor do I really feel that I need to dictate who my DH can be friends with.  And he and I have been married almost 8 years.

psych_mom
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband says dating, basically when you decide to have an exclusive relationship.

ajdahd13
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:40 PM

One on one, alone time? When we are dating officially. I'm not cool like that. Lol. I don't care who he texts, or FBs with. 

anotherhalf
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Once my dh married me his one on one time with female friends (not co-workers) ended. He actually ended it himself long before but I wouldn't have been happy if it hadn't ended after marriage.
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I was in a marriage that I wasn't allowed to have any male friends. I could never do that to someone. You can be friends with whoever you want.

JTE11
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I think that when the woman and guy become an exclusive item the girls need to go.

raeyliNlilysmom
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I dont care who my dh hangs out/ talks with. He's never made me cut off my male friends so idk why I would do it to him.
tikirose91
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

This question is all about how insecure or secure you feel in your relationship and whether you have trust issues or not. I trust my fiance' to have female friends but  he will not go hangout with them one on one without me, whereas I will also not go hangout with a male friend alone. I don't have guys as friends because 100% of the time they just want sex, respect the relationship but want sex, or deep down want to be with you which is the only reason they're hanging in there.

tikirose91
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Once your relationship hits a certain point of seriousness you should cut all ties with your friends of the oppposite sex/same sex whatever! Unless you need a PLAN B I don't see why you need those contacts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)