Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Run Down Mommy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

My kids bed times and wake times have been really off the last couple of weeks. They used to go to bed between 7:30 and 8pm and fall right to sleep, then wake up at 8am or later. That meant I had a couple of hours to myself at night, got to sleep early, then got up early. This was not only crucial to me getting caught up on housework and homework, but also the only time of day I got to watch adult tv, type something on the laptop without a kid trying to "help" or just sit quietly without being climbed on. My twins also napped regularly from 11:30 or 12 until 2:30 or later now they won't even drop from exhaustion until 2pm or later. I've tried not letting them nap at all, but it makes them unbearable from 5pm onwards and puts them into bed an hour ahead of schedule. 

My 5 year old son started kindergarten two weeks ago, and now it's all shot to hell. The twins are climbing out of their cribs until 9:30pm or later, my son is laying in his bed singing or talking to himself until then. The girls keep waking up crying through the night and won't calm themselves down until I go in there and tell them Shhh and pat them for a minute. Worst of all, my beautiful, quiet mornings have been reduced to me being woken up an hour or two early by a staring face or someone poking me in the eyeball. 

I have NO time to myself and my husband can't undestand why I've been a complete bitch for a bout a week. Only gonna get worse, babe. It's 7am, and as I type this, my 5yo son is laying on the couch, pushing into me with his legs and I'm fighting crashing back out since I was up multiple times with multiple kids, finally waking up at 4:45am with a wet diaper and not being able to drift back off. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Oh the joys of motherhood. It never ends. I laughed at the " staring face or someone poking me in the eyeball" !  God, I remember being bonked by a baby bottle! That was a slew of naughty words!

Maybe a baby gate? Some fish crackers? Just for a moment of peace? Im wondering if you could ask your sweetheart, who helped create these little devils, if you could alternate nights, in the caregiving? It might be an eye opener for him, but you must be prepared for his bitchiness.lol.  Hopefully, the new schedule, with your little boy, will soon even itself out. Hang in there! You'll find that moment of peace again. But it might not be for another 15 years, but look forward to it!

benny1031
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:02 PM
I'm sorry momma. I kjow how you feel I only have one and he is six now but when he was younger he was up off and on during the night and he was costanly on the go he still is a little now. You have to have hubby help you out or the bitchiness will continue and may even get worse thA T is what I told my dh and he changed his tune. Hugs to you.
kerryket
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:20 PM
I know it sucks, but you cracked me up the way you put it.

:-P
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Alone time is CRUCIAL for moms. I used to tell my kids "Nice mommy goes away at 8:30pm" They didn't have to go to sleep, but they had to stay in their rooms and leave me alone and be quiet. I would move the twins naptime as far back as is convenient for YOU and then wake them up a little earlier than they would wake up on their own, even if they're cranky, so they are good and tired at bedtime. Then I would let them cry it out. It won't take long, they will learn to get to sleep on their own, it's a life skill we all learn. A well rested mom is a better mom. Plus, they will all learn that they are not the actual center of the universe which is something else we all need to learn!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I dont even have alone time on the toilet,if the kids do crash early i have to service my husband i am begining to think im basically a pumping station with built in nanny
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)