Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Its us or your job

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:19 AM
  • 17 Replies
My dh and I both work full time jobs. My job is usually calm with some drama, but the hours are steady. Lately I have had to be at work almost every 6 hours since its a holiday weekend and major company, big bosses, coming on wed. It sucks because all I want to do is sleep and im in no mood for crap. Well my dh pulls the "you put your job before your family all the time and its time to choose, us or your job." Yet I would love to quit my stressful not fun job in a heartbeat, but my job pays most of the bills. I make more than my dh and even cutting back would be a big hit to our bills. I hate that I have to choose and am scared to think about either side
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomToNeeners
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:33 AM
2 moms liked this

You don't have to choose. He needs to grow up! That's BS for him to do that to you!

Momofmenagerie
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:45 AM
3 moms liked this
Ask him if the roles were switched, and had to work on holidays because he made the higher salary, how would he take it you gave him such an ultimatatum?

Ya'll need to talk , like seriously talk. With a budget in front of you. What will he be willing to cut if you founds part time job? Or is he willing to get a second job so you can find a lower paying job that has holidays off? ( reminding him that he may not?)
orchardmoma
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Exactly! If he had to cut back on his spending, or cut out some "fun" would he still think she should quit her job? At this stressful time, he should be trying to lighten her load at home while letting her know how much he appreciates what she is doing for her family.

Quoting Momofmenagerie:

Ask him if the roles were switched, and had to work on holidays because he made the higher salary, how would he take it you gave him such an ultimatatum?

Ya'll need to talk , like seriously talk. With a budget in front of you. What will he be willing to cut if you founds part time job? Or is he willing to get a second job so you can find a lower paying job that has holidays off? ( reminding him that he may not?)

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I agree. The two of you need to have a serious talk about this.  

Quoting Momofmenagerie:

catrig
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Tell him to man up and pay the bills then.

psych_mom
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Tell him that when he finds a big boy job you will leave your job.

anotherhalf
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:13 PM
I agree with telling him that once he can support his family, you'll be happy to quit.
godsgirl26
by ♡Charmaine♡ on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Quoting catrig:

Tell him to man up and pay the bills then.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:30 PM

You shouldn't have married someone that was unable to take care of you and the family. But since you did, maybe HE can get a better paying job!

kmerwin1987
by New Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I am in a similar situation, df doesnt work so i do pay all the bills, but we talk about it and he understands that without my job we would have nothing and would lose everything. 

maybe if you try discussing it with him, if you havent already and explain, i have noticed with df that if you have the numbers and the obvious in black in white in front of him it is easier to understand and explain.

just a thought

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)