Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Omg...MiL drama...(needed to vent)

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:48 PM
  • 19 Replies

Ok, so my mil only calls dh and I when she needs something, she never calls to check on the kids or see how everybody is going, she wont  ever come visit the kids,  when she wants something, she tells dh dont bring us, as in your wife and son. she never wants us over there because she thinks she'll get a headache if we're there. oh and my daughter will be one this month and mil has never even met her or even cared to meet her, she wants pics though, really?? and if dh gets sick, she tells me its all my fault, but when I get sick, she tells me that I brought that on myself. she tells dh and I we're bad parents, because we dont bring the kids(my son since my daughter wasnt born yet) to see her seriously? when we did bring ds to see her at one point she says after 20 minutes of us being there, ok its time for yall to go, I can handle your  son, really he was always well behaved when we brought him there. the last time he saw him was when he was 2, he will be 4 soon.  so we've been avoiding her and we changed our number, because when my dh even bothers to call and check on her she just tells him its all his fault that her and his df got divorced 6 years ago, and that ladies is a whole nuther story. I'll tell about that one later. what are your opinions on this? what would you do?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kerryket
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:51 PM
3 moms liked this
Move out of state with no forwarding address?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:54 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd cut off all contact, unless your husband is too much of a pussy to do so. In which case, he's not worth a damn if he can't see the huge problem here.
lovemusic24
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM

re

Quoting Anonymous:yes he does see a problem, his mom just tries to make him feel bad about every little thing he couldnt do for her, she even called him when he was with me when I was in labor and told him he should be there with her instead of being by my side while giving birth, he blew up on her that day.

I'd cut off all contact, unless your husband is too much of a pussy to do so. In which case, he's not worth a damn if he can't see the huge problem here.

LadyMarissa
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

IGNORE her & pray it's another 2 years before she sees your ds next time!!! Tell dh to dial a *67 before dialing her number & then she can't get the number to return a call to!!!

psych_mom
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Stop having anything at all to do with her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Oh op i feel for you. Why do our dh come with the inlaws? Lol. But in all honesty, she doesnt like you. It is obvious.
lovemusic24
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Quoting Anonymous:yeah that is obvious, thanks for that.....and btw she did at first until she realized that she couldnt blame her son for all her problems as much anymore when we got married, we were together a couple of years before we got married and she acted all buddy buddy with me then.

Oh op i feel for you. Why do our dh come with the inlaws? Lol. But in all honesty, she doesnt like you. It is obvious.

benny1031
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this
She is not worth the time or the effort if she is going to be that way. Change your number and telldh that he needs to tell her to solve her problems on her own and that he is not going to let her talk that way to him or his family. He needs to stand up to her.
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:55 PM
2 moms liked this

She sounds mean and wacky, I would just do my best to avoid her. I would ask your dh to call her once a week because she is his mom, and that would be respectful. I wouldn't cut her out of your life but I sure would limit contact.

JTE11
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:15 PM
4 moms liked this

I think I'd probably never call her ever again, and cut off contact. And if she somehow called only to ask for something I'd politely decline and hang up. Family or not, I have a right to excise toxic people out of my life. Just because someone is family doesn't mean I have to open myself up to being around their issues. Not being around someone like that is no loss at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)