Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Things to do in Philadelphia?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I have to go to Philadelphia at the end of October for a lawsuit and will be there 2-4 weeks. My two sons ages 3 & 5 will be with me. Anyone have any suggestions for fun things to do with them during our down time?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
katydid150
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:45 PM

The please touch museum is awesome for little kids. 

Lots of history museums and places to see (Betsy Ross, liberty bell, independence hall, Franklin Institute), art museum, but not sure how much your little ones would like those. 

I'm from the area originally, feel free to message me. 

lovemymichael
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Franklin square park...they have a carousel, playground and train ride

sisters city park will have a fall event 

Please touch mmuseum

smith memorial playground!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:53 AM
Thank you, I just might! Those things sound fun! We will definitely have to check those out. Hopefully we will be able to have time to! What about Halloween there? My boys love trick or treating but im honestly kind of scared to in a strange place! We will be staying in a hotel in what I'm assuming is downtown. The something at the Bellevue I think.

Quoting katydid150:

Lots of history museums and places to see (Betsy Ross, liberty bell, independence hall, Franklin Institute), art museum, but not sure how much your little ones would like those. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:54 AM
Thanks! All of those sound fun! I will have to look up the fall event and see if we will be there for it.

Quoting lovemymichael:

Please touch mmuseum

katydid150
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Trick or treating can be great in the right neighborhood. I would talk to the concierge to get directions to a good area. There are some parts of Philly you do not want to go near.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you, I just might! Those things sound fun! We will definitely have to check those out. Hopefully we will be able to have time to! What about Halloween there? My boys love trick or treating but im honestly kind of scared to in a strange place! We will be staying in a hotel in what I'm assuming is downtown. The something at the Bellevue I think.

Quoting katydid150:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Yeah that's what I'm afraid of! I will ask our attorney bc he has to travel there a lot. My dh and I traveled there last summer to give our depositions and I saw things there in 3 days that I've never saw before! The Hyatt at the Bellevue, do you know where that is? If so is that area considered the "good" or "bad" part? Sorry for so many questions!!

Quoting katydid150:

Trick or treating can be great in the right neighborhood. I would talk to the concierge to get directions to a good area. There are some parts of Philly you do not want to go near.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting katydid150:

catrig
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:01 PM
http://www.visitphilly.com/?gclid=CI_4l9vnr7kCFaNlOgodHWcAIQ
lovemymichael
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:23 PM

We were just. There last week. It's really nice.  I think I remember seeing something on the website about a fall weekend.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks! All of those sound fun! I will have to look up the fall event and see if we will be there for it.

Quoting lovemymichael:

Please touch mmuseum

lovemymichael
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:25 PM

http://www.centercityphila.org/life/sister_citiesfalldays.php

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)