Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

i can't hold my son unless its approved by my in laws

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:34 PM
  • 78 Replies
my son is almost 4 months old...wen he cry; i pick him up...there is no need for him to cry anything owt; h isnt old enuff to know why im letting him cry...my father in law bowta get on my last fuckin nerves tellin me to let him cry and i refuse..he gets mad!!! how should i tell him to fuck off???
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Closet_Case
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:35 PM
9 moms liked this
Oh gosh... Where to even begin here
jakiera24
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:38 PM
idk wat to do..my dh hasnt said anything after i told him it bothers me that his dad does that...even IF me holdin himvspoiled him so wat...nobody has ti deal with that but me and dh...i just cnt deal anymore
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Don't go around the in laws anymore. And don't include them in anything and don't give them any pictures or let the Take pics. Just cut them completely out of it life.

katallison
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:41 PM
8 moms liked this
I read this a few months ago and it really stuck with me. "A baby's wants are his needs." If a baby is crying and they aren't hungry, dirty, or sleepy, they want to be loved on. You can't spoil a baby from holding it to much. They need to he held and loved.
JamieBue38
by Justine on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:42 PM
My parents were like that when my daughter was first born. You carried your child and just ignore them saying "shes hungry" and just walk away
RJsMommy0828
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Be straight up honest

jakiera24
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:48 PM
how should i confront dh abowt it??? he kno it bothers me but hasnt said anything yet...i dnt wanna disrespect his parents but i wnt be treated like a child by them neither...
xTrisketx
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Do you live with them?!?
Bonnie_
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell him  it  isn't  good to let babies  cry too long.  They  need to  know  someone  will  hold them  and make them  feel secure.     Just tell him  you are his mother  and  you  know  when  he  needs to be held.  Then  tell him  he  had  his chance to  be a parent  without  interference  now  let you  have the same .

Anna92464
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:55 PM
5 moms liked this

Look him right in the eye, and say "With all due respect, I am the mother and it's my call. Now back off"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN