Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth
Hi Ladies- this is my first post here and I have been really stressed with my husband. We recently moved from South Carolina to North Dakota. We have a 2 year old son so the move has been difficult on everyone especially since we have no family here. My husband just started working a second job and we work opposite shifts. He's been pulling the grave yard shift and I get off work at 630 pm. Our son goes to Day care. Because my husband sleeps during the day and he goes into work at his first job at 5pm and gets off at 8 am. So I understand he's tired but I feel as tho he is pulling away from his family. Even when he has two days off. He has me take our son to daycare. I just know how much our son adores him and misses him. I calculated the time my son sees him and its less than 10 hours a week. I don't feel that his family is a priority to him. Even when we are together I feel like he wishes he was working. Don't get me wrong I'm thankful he's working because there was many years when he didn't work and I single handily supported our family. My husband tends to fall in a crowd of people that don't have his best intention at heart. I don't mind him drinking a couple of beers. I just find it a bit selfish when his son is waiting for his dad to come home.
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Replies (11-12):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 28, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I am sorry for all your troubles I just want to say this. your son knows his father is there. no matter what you might think or feel he can see his father when he is at home. there are fathers home more with less work hours and still are not making time for the child. your child is not starving right now and that is a blessing.so,just take a few steps back count yur blessings and let your husband do what he needs to do. it could be much worse. 

psych_mom
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I hope that the night shift doesn't last for a long time. I feel your pain, I do. It really sucks. Hugs!

Quoting katcorey616:

That gives me a bit of peace thank you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)