Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Dont Assume: Public Assistance

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 106 Replies
3 moms liked this

I always wondered why so many people are upset by those that use public assistance. I understand the fustration with those that use it as their lifestyle. I honestly do. They are the ones that have no higher goals (currently) in their life.

My experience with public assistance is not capable of being seen soley by eyesight. If you see me using a ebt card there is no way for you to know if I'm abusing the system. The thought process merely assumption based, and motivated by judgement.

In 2009, I join the Military. 2011 I had my first son. Labor was horrible. Epidural didnt work. Suffered a back injury. Gain weight. I was station in Philadelphia, But lived in Baltimore. I was release from the military. I failed PT test twice. Which is a rule in order to stay active. Moved to Baltimore. The father of my child was strugging himself. We love each other, but couldnt function as a family at the time. His father was sick and he had to move in to provide daily care. I applied for stamps and medicaid. In my state their is a program that gives grants for employment training. I got a CNA after one year of school at the local community college. I was on assistance for 2 1/2 years.

So my question is how can you see my entire story if you I'm using a ebt card at the cash register?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:21 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:26 AM

b

thefiregoddess
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:02 AM
2 moms liked this
Cna in a year? I got mine in 3 weeks for free at a nursing home.

Good lord.

And you failing your pt test twice isn't something I'd look for sympathy for. You failed because you were fat, that's your fault and not a reason to get food stamps.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:25 AM
7 moms liked this
She never said she was fat. Just she gianed weight. With age the weight is stricter. N with everything that happened with her epidural and back issues I'd understand. You see , God gives us things he knows we can handle. She had what seemed to be a good life..paid a lot of taxes. Was defending our country.. And she fell on hard times . if anything she used all that money she put in the damn system . shut the fuck up

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Good lord.

And you failing your pt test twice isn't something I'd look for sympathy for. You failed because you were fat, that's your fault and not a reason to get food stamps.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:39 AM
6 moms liked this
Where in there did she say she was fat? She said she gained weight you asshole, did you gain weight when yoi had your kid? Epidurals can mess up your back, while they may seem like a good idea at the time the effects are long lasting and can give severe back pain for years! What she is saying is stop judging people when all you see is 1 purchase they are making, don't judge someone because you see them use an ebt card because you cant possibly know their struggle. She was fighting foe your damn freedom and all you have to say is "you're fat". Grow the f up and then come talk with the adults.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Good lord.

kerryket
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:16 AM
2 moms liked this
See you get judged no matter what, lots of people out there with opinions that are worthless.
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:23 AM
I try not to judge unless I know the situation. I do know of a couple of people abusing their food stamps. It's people like them who make others judge people like you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:33 AM
2 moms liked this
Community college cna program certifies you in three catergories so I can work in hospitals private homes nursing homes. And its a six month internship requirement. It was at a community college so they scjedule won't be the same as a nursing home. I didn't get fat I gain weight. I went from 120 to 135. Second being at home with two little ones made it hard to keep up with my army fit requirement s. Go somewherr else and be a bitch. Judging all wrong

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Good lord.

anotherhalf
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Honestly, unless I know the person, I don't care what their story is. I don't get why you care or any of the numerous people who post their "why I'm on PA" stories care about what a stranger thinks.
tinkay
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

In my opinion, I do judge, because when I see that ebt card come out, they are buying steak and shrimp. Most of the time they are carrying a expensive purse, and have more gold on than me. Those are the ones that bother me.

But I understand what you are saying, I was on it a few years ago when I had to quit my job because my daughter had cancer. There is always that one asshole behind you that has to huff and puff. I started going at night..... sorry , good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)