Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTF

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:40 AM
  • 12 Replies
Since I've gotten pregnant, I've had this overwhelming need for safety. Idk what it is but it's driving me insane! But tonight I asked my SO to lock our back gate so that I would feel safer but he refused to do it! He said it was to much effort for him to have to remember to bring his keys out there every week for trash. Am I wrong to be upset??? He's making me feel like he doesn't even care!! Please help! :(
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Okie-chick
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:43 AM
I make my husband get up out of bed to make sure everything is locked. And we live on a military base
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:55 AM
I feel like that even not pregnant lol. But once when I was pregnant I had a dream a man came to my bedside and was going to rape me. It felt so damn real...after that I was so paranoid each morning,when dh left for work at 5am
wolfybaby
by New Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:01 AM

its a legitimate concern. your hormones are making your sense heightened.. including your paranoia and need for security. if you feel strongly about this, you need to sit down and have a discussion with your partner and tell him that it makes you worry a lot when things arent secure. he needs to sympathize with you; you cant exactly help what you are feeling. similar to the "nesting" that pregnant women fall victim to. we cant just ignore it!

ff-princess
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:10 AM

lock the gate yourself.  viola!  problem solved.

Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:11 AM
I'm like that even not pregnant. Just hang the keys in an obvious place so when he takes the trash out he doesn't forget them. Or like the above poster said, do it yourself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsbarefootsoul
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:46 AM

I went through that during pregnancy, to the point where I would set "traps" in the house, in case someone broke in. (Don't laugh-LOL)

I would put things in front of the door to "trip" the burgular, worry about fires constantly, have double baby monitors in our other childs room, etc. 

It drove my husband nuts too, lol. 

Try not to be too upset, guys just don't get it sometimes.

psych_mom
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:48 AM
I have to have my doors at home locked at all times. I prefer to be safe rather than regret it later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Why cant you do it?
notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Quoting ff-princess:

lock the gate yourself.  viola!  problem solved.

Caera
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:28 AM

You're overreacting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)