Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Well that was rather rude! * Update*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

Before I was a mom I would never leave the house with out make up (eye liner, maskara and eye shadow) and then after I had the baby and started having to get up so much earlier for work ( I am NOT a morning person) I pretty much just stopped putting it on. Well today I had extra time and decided to wear make up and dh makes a comment about how he wishes he could see me with make up, and that he misses it, and how he misses having sex with me wearing it. (I wont see him till this weekend ) To me that was like saying o yeah your ok with out it, but I would much rather you wear make up... JERK!

So we talked about it this morning and I was right, he was being a dick on purpose ( he said he was just kidding). But he has apologized. I'm still hurt that he would do that and I told him that it was not even a little funny! If he does something like that again he is getting punched in the junk!

PS Wow this post is featured!! Now I feel special :D

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:27 PM
My husband hates makeup and so do i .
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband hates makeup and so do I

He said once that he didn't care for it either and now all of a sudden natural is just not as good? And then he has the audacity to get mad at me and say I took it out of context and that its not a negative statement! WTF

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe he means seeing you dressed up and looking nice in general?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Because you probably did take it out of context he said it wrong and you took his intentions wrong im sure he wasnt saying you were ugly , my husband loves me to wear heels i never do i like to be comfy so when i do he acts over the top our husbands think were beautiful but its little sexy things we do for mine its wear heels for yours its makeup.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

He said once that he didn't care for it either and now all of a sudden natural is just not as good? And then he has the audacity to get mad at me and say I took it out of context and that its not a negative statement! WTF

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Well if thats what he meant he sure as hell could have explained that when I told him that was rude. He knew damn well I was offended and didnt try to explain anything just got mad at me for being upset!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Because you probably did take it out of context he said it wrong and you took his intentions wrong im sure he wasnt saying you were ugly , my husband loves me to wear heels i never do i like to be comfy so when i do he acts over the top our husbands think were beautiful but its little sexy things we do for mine its wear heels for yours its makeup.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Well if thats what he meant he should have clarrified when I told him that hurt my feelings, rather then getting pissy and hanging up on me. Like I was the bad guy for having a lil extra time this morning to do it.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:46 PM
2 moms liked this

At that point he probably got defensive because of how aggressively you responded.

Why not go take some time and do something for fun, then come back to it?  Give yourself a chance to calm down.

My DH usually doesn't like makeup, either.  But when I doll myself up, he takes special notice.  I think that's just normal.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Well if thats what he meant he sure as hell could have explained that when I told him that was rude. He knew damn well I was offended and didnt try to explain anything just got mad at me for being upset!

SarahD701
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I don't wear makeup any more either, it seams like i never have the extra time to put it on but when i do my hubby goes nuts comments all day about how good i look, same thing if i wear heels or something other then jeans lol, I think its just they are so used to seeing us a certain way that when we do put some more effort into how we look it takes them by surprise. I wouldn't stay mad at him he just doesn't realize what he said or how he said it ,men can be so dense sometimes.

tikirose91
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Alot of guys don't know how to go about saying their opinion without being offensive, women are way more defensive than they are. Women do take things out of context, he probably just meant you look really nice when you doll up and I wish you would do it more often. He should've also said that you look beautiful with or without makeup. Don't be too mad at him I am sure he will say something else stupid on accident and offend you, it happens!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:52 PM

When he acts like that I have ZERO motivation to do anything to spice things up, it hurt my feelings and I am very self conscious anyway that sure as shit didn't help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)