Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eat your own damn food!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

Okay we are staying with dh's mom right now. We had to move in with her about 5 months ago because dh lost his job and we lost our apt yada yada yada. I simply cannot take another day here. We are moving into our own house in 5 weeks and so we're saving every penny we have. We basically have to live off of $150 of groceries every two weeks. There are four of us. That is tight for us. Anyways, I am irritated because dh's mom fucking eats our food and it is driving me insane! She eats the nuggets I buy for the kids, eats the chips I need for ds's lunch and eats the last servings of the dinner I made when I had planned of saving it for leftovers for dh's lunch the next day! She also drinks soooooo much milk! I am having to buy 3-4 gallons of milk a week and we barely get any! I woke up the other morning and there was no milk left for the kids' cereal!! Wtf!! She never offers to buy any of the food. We are also going through 2 35pks of water a weeks because she just helps herself to the water bottles we buy! It drives both dh and I insane but we have agreed that we are not going to say anything because we are living in her house and we don't want to make waves. But honestly it is pissing me off! I am shopping for my own family and she has plenty of money to buy her own damn groceries!! I am sick of going to the grocery store every other day to replenish stuff that she eats and that we need!! I mean it makes me so irate when she doesn't leave any milk or snacks for the kids. Argh!!! I am trying to save money but it's not going to be easy if I have to go to the grocery store every fucking day!!! I can't wait to get out of here! Whew! Thanks just needed to vent.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Man, what a pig! She apparently eats ALOT!

anotherhalf
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:36 PM
That would drive me nuts too. Especially the water. Is her tap water undrinkable?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:41 PM

No actually it's not!

Quoting anotherhalf:

That would drive me nuts too. Especially the water. Is her tap water undrinkable?

Ilovemybbgrl
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Does she charge you rent for staying there? Maybe you should offer to take her card and do her shopping while you do yours... which im sure she is fully capable of doing herself but... choose your battles.. keep eating your food or take a little extra time for peace of mind and sake of sanity.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Sounds like my mil. She drinks so much milk and eats everything and never cooks. Good thing we don't live with her anymore
Bonnie_
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM
3 moms liked this

Find out  if there is anything  she doesn't like  then  buy that.  Also  buy  canned milk.  You  can flavor it with  cocoa mix.   You  can't  really  tell the difference  in  cooking.   As  for  snacks... hmmm you  could  buy  a cheap  air popcorn popper  and  just   buy pop corn  kernels  then  in the am  pop  some  popcorn   for the kids to take  for a snack.   Keep the water bottles in the trunk  and  only  take out what you  need.  Make a big  pot of red beans and rice  that  lasts a long time  and lots of spaghetti.  And  if  ya  want to really  play it  poor  serve  pancakes  for  dinner sometimes.   Then  another  night  just  serve  beanie weenies  then  another night    canned raviolis.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you pay rent .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Yea I know. Mine never cooks either! She just helps herself to what I make without asking. Lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like my mil. She drinks so much milk and eats everything and never cooks. Good thing we don't live with her anymore

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Yes about $500 a month.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you pay rent .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Then I would have been said something but you all are about to leave so no point , that's how it is living in other people's house hope you can stay cool till you all move

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes about $500 a month.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you pay rent .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)