Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

worst mom

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:21 PM
  • 4 Replies
I guess I am the worse mom ever? I just tell my son to try and do his best, hes 7! My dh wants him do better then average? Try more then ever? It would be nice if he's a straight a student, but I am not going to push him in to it? When my parents pushed I rebelled at times? I dont want my son to rebel, espiecially at 7? Am I wrong and my dh right? What to do?
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Bonnie_
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:47 PM

When your son isn't around  and  not  right after  him  saying  anything to your DS  just  explain to him that   it is important to  not make  school work  so stressful.  That if he is doing  the best he can  to accept it.  Some  kids  take a little  longer to flourish  some  need a little extra  help.   But  he can't be so  overbearing or DS  may  come to believe  that  he can  never measure  up  and  will feel  hated.  Also  that's why  a lot of kids turn to drugs and alcohol  and even commit suicide... because  of  parents  unrealistically high expectations.

mt0130
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I think you are right. My son struggled with reading at a young age and we had him tutored so we always just told him to do is best, and if you see he is putting an effort in that should be enough for your husband. Maybe, if he doesn't already, let your husband help him with his homework so he can see that he is trying. After all the tutoring and extra help I gave him, my son started getting A's in the fifth grade and became a straight A student all the way thru high school, he is now at an Ivy League College!. So your husband should back off! Resentment will kick in if he doesn't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:36 PM
I agree he should be doing his best but not being pressured as if his best isn't good enough.

But do let your husband help him with his punctuation. You overuse the ?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Overuse of the question mark? Really? Was that comment even called for? Who cares if we do not use perfect punctuation on here? People are venting and or asking for advice not taking a test or writing a paper. Lay off the negativity!! :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree he should be doing his best but not being pressured as if his best isn't good enough.

But do let your husband help him with his punctuation. You overuse the ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)