Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dog Owners

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:28 PM
  • 6 Replies

well some of you anyway can be damn right rude and disrespectful. just a bit of back story on the situation. I have lived in my home almost 4yrs. The house next to us is a rent a room type of home. the owners brother and his wife are supposed to be the live in caretakers of the home. When they got there roughly about 3yrs ago they had a little chihuahua. I caught the dog pooping on our shared lawn. I would say 90% of the lawn is on my side with the remainder on theirs. she was not picking up after this dog. this led to several verbal confrontations. after awhile she gets the drift and realizes i dont hate dogs, i just hate owners who dont take responsibility for their dogs. We become friendly and speak quite often until this past Sept. There is an adult german shepherd running the neighborhood. she somehow thinks its a good idea for them to "adopt" this dog. 1st incident, im taking my children 17, 10, 10, 6 to school and the dog before I knew it was on the side of my car maybe 5ft from the kids staring them down. I usher them into the car and take them to school. When I return home, I park and proceed to my front the door and the dog appears and starts barking at me as Im trying to put the key in the door. I call and inform her of the incident and she apologizes. she didnt want to call the pound and have it put down but she will take care of it. leave to pick up the kids and notice that they have laid down a chair (yes, I said chair) to block the dog from leaving the porch. ok like that is going to stop the dog from hopping over it. Drop the kids off on my way to work and the dog is now barking at them loudly, my husband comes out and starts asking the tenants for the mgr. there are some loud words said between them. I try and contact the owner but his VM is full. When I text him the next morning he informs me he is out of town but will deal with it. Weekend passes and on Tues I take the kids to school and there is some horrifiic smell in the car. Dog poop on my 6yr old shoes. I pull back around the corner and she has the dog running loose on my property and I begin to cuss as I notice several piles of fresh crap on my lawn. Back to calling the owner. He says we can deal with this two way, either i can call the pound or he can. I tell him the dog is now in his backyard and he can call. Last straw happened this evening. My oldest came around the corner and before she made it to the front door the dog starts heading towards her barking. she jumps on top of my husbands car and starts yelling for him to come out. he grabs the baseball bat and literally backs the dog up all while the wife is saying, the dog is not gonna bite. Hello, what part of stray dog and keep him the F on your property dont you understand. I have a call into the city to see what rights we have. just sick of this crap, literally. vent over

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
anotherhalf
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:31 PM
That is totally ridiculous of your neighbor. Why don't you call the pound, will they charge you?
layap
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I really dont know the law, thats why I called the city. Clearly we (neighbors) are afraid of the dog. We dont know the temperment but clearly the dog has issues with territory. our front doors arent really that close together. I was bit by a dog as a child but my husband loves them and was raised around them. we dont have a dog because the landlord said her insurance wouldnt allow it. im just really frustrated and dont want to wait until something happens. you want the dog?? then walk it on a leash like normal folks and pick up after it.

Bonnie_
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:07 AM

I would wait  until she  leaves to go somewhere and then call the cops and say it  went  after  one of my kids  and somebody  needs to come get it.   And act  like  I  don't  know  nuthin  about it.

Brycensmommy85
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:18 PM

It takes a lot for animal services to actually remove a dog from a home because it is that person's property and it pooping in your yard isn't abuse. Nor is the dog barking or staring at you enough for the police to take it away because it is dangerous. BUT I would still call the local police and she will get a waning about needing to keep her dog off your property and if she doesn't comply she can get a cite. Also if she is renting then the owner should really be dealing with it as if she signed an agreement about pets she needs to up hold it or be evicted. Good luck.

chicklopez
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:42 PM

This is really a landlord issue. the pound cant do anything, as it is technically their property. The landlord is the one that should have forced them to remove the dog since they didnt pay a deposit (atleast it sounds like they simply snuck the dog in)

layap
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 7:46 PM

the landlord (owner) is his brother as stated above. he told me he didnt have insurance for that dog and has told me twice that he would take care of the situation by calling the pound. I work swings so I have not seen the dog the last 2 days but that just could mean its on the other side of their house. I dont bother anyone and dont want to wait until my kids or a guest  gets injured before steps are taken. no call back from the city as of yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)