Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

rude teacher!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
my ds 5 is a very rowdy kid, and i work with him on calming exercises daily.. its his first year..kindergarten.. his teacher almost always has negativity towards him.. its her first year teaching.. she wasnt supposed to be his teacher but at the last minute the divided the original class and he got put with her... when i picked him up from school i asked her how he did.. she said he acted horrible and suggested he not be allowed to goto the book fair.. i said do you have any suggestions?? i was thinking maybe shed advise counseling for behavior or sometging along those lines.. she said very loudly BE SUPER HARSH AND TOUGH WITH HIM her exact words.. we were standing outside and other parents just looked at her... my son is very active yes, but i feel that if hed had his original teacher who was alot more experienced he would be doing better.. i did scold him but she embarrassed him and made him cry.. im not justifying his actions at all btw
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Barbiedip
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:41 PM

With?! Those were her words? That's horrible! Humiliating children will not make them behave better in their class! I'm sorry for your son. If this happens again I'd have more than couple words with her, and if necessary, the principal.

Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:07 AM
If it happens again I would talk with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:15 AM
So do you think your sons teacher was picking on a 5 year old or is she a young woman unable to do her job because your son is out of control?
Even new teachers have spent time in the classroom. I personally as the teacher would send a note home with observations, good and bad, each day. I would turn a copy into special Ed to see if he needs services for ebd. I would not confront mom or the kid beyond the note at any point but only because i know it doesn't help and it just pisses parents off.
As a new teacher i was more outspoken but only because i thought it would make a difference.
Have you taken your son to a pediatrician about his behavior? You should be filling out a Vanderbilt scale along with school staff that works with him. Find out what the issue is and get some effective help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)