Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Have I gone completely nuts? ETA Post Blood PG TEST ****ETA 2****

ETA~~~   IT'S POSITIVE LADIES!!! I was shaking and crying and couldnt think straight but its positive!! <3 

ETA 2~~ Thank you all SO much for the congratulations, well wishes and prayers! <3 So glad I could share this with all of you!! <3 As soon as we have a sonogram pic, I'll share it so you can see our peanut! <3 Based on LMP, my due date is June 18, 2014. SO excited! Now that my original shock has worn off, Im really super excited! <3 Trying to get my crazy brain to shut up. :P

HI ladies. I didnt want to post this because I feel like I might jinx it but I need to get out of my own head. lol Anyway, DH and I have been trying for several years to have a baby but have experienced several losses. Our twins were born at 18w and after their birth, we learned that I need a surgery that will give us a 70% chance of a healthy pregnancy and baby. Ive been driving myself nuts since December 2012 trying to earn and save (we opened a small home business) the almost $9k we need for the surgery. 

Long story short, I have some odd symptoms lately and I THINK I might be pregnant. I posted this anonymously in another group on CM but changed the title after I POAS and it was negative. DH SWEARS the test was faulty from the moment he saw it. Some new symptoms have been added below that DH noted. Ive also taken THREE online surveys..lol and they said I was most likely pregnant but to confirm with a HPTand blood work.  

Symptoms include:

VERY sore breasts, increase in size and veins are more pronounced.

Quite Emotional (not my norm)/Moody *cringe* (not my norm)

Uterine cramping pains. 

Teeth/Gum pain.

Having odd dreams about having conceived which I normally dont have.

Odd body aches. Primarily shoulders, back.

Headaches.

AF is now 2 days date on one calender and 1 day late on my regular calender.

My two pets are much more affectionate toward me than they normally are. Sleeping on my pillow and the other right up against my chest.

I feel like Im STARVING half the time.

I LOVE steak. I could eat it alone without any side dishes. We had steak the other night and it tasted 'funny' to me and I wasnt into it at all. Dh said there was no funny taste to him.

Much more frequent urination.

I know there's more but those are the only ones I can think of right off the top of my head. ;)

PLEASE keep your fingers crossed for us. 

Tested on the 9th. It was negative. :(

PLEASE help me with this. Im driving myself nuts going back and forth in my head about whether Im pregnant or not. Trying to hold out for a few days to test again but its proving to be very difficult. :P

This has been ETA'd for more detail. ;)

by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Replies (11-20):
MomOf3AngelBabe
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 2:45 AM

;) Thank you! 

Quoting 2ndchances123:

your welcome i hope all goes well! good luck

Quoting MomOf3AngelBabe:

thank you

Quoting 2ndchances123:

BUMP!

chicklopez
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 5:35 AM
1 mom liked this

In addition to all the great advice you've already gotten, I would suggest waiting a week and testing again. Every time Ive ever sworn I was pregnant, my first test is negative, but the 2nd one, (2 weeks later) would be positive right off the bat.

madwifa
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Make sure you use firsr morning pee it has the highest pregancy hormones
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Oct. 11, 2013 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck, I hope you are pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomOf3AngelBabe
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

;) Going to retest in the am since its been 3 days since last tested. ;) Thank you!

Quoting madwifa:

Make sure you use firsr morning pee it has the highest pregancy hormones

MomOf3AngelBabe
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Thank you!! ;) Me too!

Quoting Alexsi1:

Good luck, I hope you are pregnant.

tikirose91
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM

I don't think very women are aware of this condition that is VERY real, I hope that it doesn't happen to you but you never know in this world. I hope you get the surgery soon and have a healthy baby :). Keep me updated I am praying for you

Quoting MomOf3AngelBabe:

I know exactly what you are referring to. ;) The condition is called pseudocyesis. I lack most of the symptoms commonly reported and most of the factors found to cause the condition.

Yes, I really want to have a child but had accepted that it wouldnt happen until we had the surgery completed. If I still have the symptoms listed in the OP, with a negative blood test, then I will consider this remote possibility. I was in the medical field for quite a few years so I have the fortune of knowing what can cause *some* pregnancy symptoms, even in the case of no pregnancy. 

I will definitely keep that in mind though. ;)

Quoting tikirose91:

You want to get pregnant so badly you might have tricked your body into believeing that you are, the mind is a powerful tool. Your stomach could start growing and everything, but there's no fetus. My advice would be to calm down, I know you want a child and not being able to afford the surgery is stressing you out but you have to let nature take its course!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
monkeymom1104
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this
The $1 are the same tests I used when I worked with a midwife.

Quoting MomOf3AngelBabe:

;) Funny you say that. The last test I bought was a $1 test and the same one DH thinks is faulty. lol 

I think its worth another try in the future though. :)

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

byy a bunch of $1 tests, those pick up pregnancies quickly for me.

MomOf3AngelBabe
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:00 PM

It is very real and VERY scary. ;( A lady here on CM had it apparently. She was asking how she gets it in her mind that she isnt pregnant and could move on. Her post made me cry for her. ;(

Thank you very much the wishes and prayers! We can never have too many of those. In the last 24 hours, or so, I've gone back and forth in my head a few thousand times and my DH seems to believe Im pregnant but that it was too early to test. IDK. I have to stop stressing about it because, if I am pregnant, the stress is not going to do baby or me any favors. <3 Thank you very much! I will ETA when I we have a definitive answer! <3

Congratulations on your baby, btw!! :) I saw your siggy. Very exciting! Cant wait to hear all about him or her when he/she is born! <3  :)

Quoting tikirose91:

I don't think very women are aware of this condition that is VERY real, I hope that it doesn't happen to you but you never know in this world. I hope you get the surgery soon and have a healthy baby :). Keep me updated I am praying for you

Quoting MomOf3AngelBabe:

I know exactly what you are referring to. ;) The condition is called pseudocyesis. I lack most of the symptoms commonly reported and most of the factors found to cause the condition.

Yes, I really want to have a child but had accepted that it wouldnt happen until we had the surgery completed. If I still have the symptoms listed in the OP, with a negative blood test, then I will consider this remote possibility. I was in the medical field for quite a few years so I have the fortune of knowing what can cause *some* pregnancy symptoms, even in the case of no pregnancy. 

I will definitely keep that in mind though. ;)

Quoting tikirose91:

You want to get pregnant so badly you might have tricked your body into believeing that you are, the mind is a powerful tool. Your stomach could start growing and everything, but there's no fetus. My advice would be to calm down, I know you want a child and not being able to afford the surgery is stressing you out but you have to let nature take its course!

MomOf3AngelBabe
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Did you use four drops of urine exactly or more than four?

Quoting monkeymom1104:

The $1 are the same tests I used when I worked with a midwife.

Quoting MomOf3AngelBabe:

;) Funny you say that. The last test I bought was a $1 test and the same one DH thinks is faulty. lol 

I think its worth another try in the future though. :)

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

byy a bunch of $1 tests, those pick up pregnancies quickly for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN