Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Tired of competing with dh's best friend

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 2:26 AM
  • 11 Replies
So dh and I work opposite hours so we only get maybe one day a week to actually spend time together. Well his best friend lives with us and they both work at the same warehouse. Well on the one day we have together he hangs out with his best friend. Wth they are with eachother every freakin day. Cant he spend the only day we have together with me.
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 2:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:52 AM

You need to talk to your husband and tell him that you need him and want to spend that day with him. Men are clueless sometimes and we women sometimes think they should see what is obvious for everyone else. Just sit him down in a calm and loving manner and tell him what is in your heart. Good luck!hugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 13, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Kick the bf out. Or talk to your dh and tell him how you feel. He may not be picking up on how you feel unless your have been married for like many years.
mhaney03
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 10:42 AM

I have been there... we didn't live with his best friend but the guy ended up being called "twat boy" by me because he did everything in his power to undermine our relationship and I swear he wanted my ex to be with him.  We ultimately divorced in part, due to this.

psych_mom
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Talk to him and if that doesn't help then there are some deeper issues that need to be addressed.

catrig
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Tell you husband that his friend needs to get lost that day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tlynn28
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:44 PM
I would love to kick him out lol. But right now financially I cant afford for him to move out. But he really is annoying. You would think he would get a clue and get out but he doesn't. I ended up staying up later than usual for nothing. Grrrr

Quoting Anonymous:

Kick the bf out. Or talk to your dh and tell him how you feel. He may not be picking up on how you feel unless your have been married for like many years.

angiejones256
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:10 PM
I wouldn't kick his friend I would just nicely explain to him u would like sometime with ur hubby
jamamama00
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:09 PM
If your husband still wants to act like a high school kid then he isn't ready for marriage
Nikkidm
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:07 PM
EXACTLY........what my SO told me. It took me lots of tears and frustrations to realize men are obvious and we pretty much have to spell it out for them. Now what the men do with the information is totally on them.
Quoting Anonymous:

You need to talk to your husband and tell him that you need him and want to spend that day with him. Men are clueless sometimes and we women sometimes think they should see what is obvious for everyone else. Just sit him down in a calm and loving manner and tell him what is in your heart. Good luck!hugs

tlynn28
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Yea it looks like I will be having another talk with him about it. It's frustrating that I have to say something though

Quoting Nikkidm:

EXACTLY........what my SO told me. It took me lots of tears and frustrations to realize men are obvious and we pretty much have to spell it out for them. Now what the men do with the information is totally on them.
Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)