Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Yea...I'm gonna go postal

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:01 PM
  • 12 Replies

I hate my effin job.

No wait, I hate my effin bosses. It's a small business, if it weren't for the employees the place would go out of business.

One is on the phone now with a realtor looking to buy some rental houses, but they can't get us our paychecks on time. I actually caught my other boss last week playing solitaire three times in the same day last week. The other was on Match.com for at least two hours. Who the hell works like this?

I have zero motivation to do anything here. I don't try to improve anything anymore because every time I do I get a bunch of "that looks good" but they won't implement anything so we go right back to where we were. I feel like if I bring up my concerns I will get nothing but excuses. I tell them I don't have enough to do, please train me on this, that and the other thing. I've gotten the answer, next month for the past 6 months.

Last week an employee tried to quit, they begged him to stay and gave him a raise, once he was gone they bitched like a couple of catty teenage girls how taken advantage of they felt. Really, jerks? This is the same employee that put a piece of equipment on his credit card (it was like $3K) because you didn't pay the AMEX bill and the credit line was shut down and it's been nearly two months and you STILL haven't paid him back! But he's taking advantage of you....

One of them constantly tells clients that his employees are like babies that need to be babysat. So unprofessional.

I hate it here, I feel so stuck, my work ethic is turning to shit. I've been looking for a new job but have been having a hard time finding one. I hope I get one soon..... :(

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RaniNY
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:04 PM
What kind of work do you do? What kind of business is it? It doesn't sould like there's much of a future if they're like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:11 PM
That sucks, keep your eyes out constantly for something better.
v2011
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Office manager for a construction trade. I have worked for a couple of construction companies but none that were run like this.  I am amazed they are still in business. 

Nope no future, I did purchase a course for a property & casuality license, I'm gonna go into insurance sales cause this office manager crap hasn't been working out. 

Quoting RaniNY:

What kind of work do you do? What kind of business is it? It doesn't sould like there's much of a future if they're like that.

RaniNY
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Good for you!

Quoting v2011:Office manager for a construction trade. I have worked for a couple of construction companies but none that were run like this.  I am amazed they are still in business. Nope no future, I did purchase a course for a property & casuality license, I'm gonna go into insurance sales cause this office manager crap hasn't been working out. 
Quoting RaniNY:What kind of work do you do? What kind of business is it? It doesn't sould like there's much of a future if they're like that.

v2011
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

:)   Thanks

Quoting RaniNY:

Good for you!

Quoting v2011:Office manager for a construction trade. I have worked for a couple of construction companies but none that were run like this.  I am amazed they are still in business. Nope no future, I did purchase a course for a property & casuality license, I'm gonna go into insurance sales cause this office manager crap hasn't been working out. 
Quoting RaniNY:What kind of work do you do? What kind of business is it? It doesn't sould like there's much of a future if they're like that.

psych_mom
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Yeah, sounds like it is time to move on. They don't care about the business so why should you?

ambrosia78
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:39 PM
I feel ya on that...I loved what I did, but I couldn't stand my co-workers, which in turn made me not even want to be there...on my last day I queued up this video on Youtube (not sure if I'm allowed to post link, but gonna try anyway - http://youtu.be/Dj6kcpys_Tg )
If that doesn't work...look for "I hate my job" by JbDubs
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:07 AM

I know it's not going to sweet for you. but,I would like to say please be careful what you say about your job and where you say it. life has a way of showing us what we can't see coming. you might hate your job right now. but do you know how lucky you are to have it.

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Oct. 22, 2013 at 1:45 AM
That is a bad situation. Some will say you got a job and the bills get paid, but when the bosses are assholes it's not worth it.

And next time they don't pay you on time inform them your contract says they will pay you at x interval and if they fail they are in violation and can get fined by the labor board.
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
That's got to be very hard to deal with. I hope you find something better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)