Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Parents hosting keg parties for minors

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

Would you or could you do this and not let the other parents know you were doing it? I, personally, am totally against it. Yes, I was not a saint and did drink before age 21 and I know that most teens do it too, but do you think it is right for parents to supply the alcohol and house for their minor children and their minor friends to drink?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:01 PM

No, I couldnt and wouldnt do it.   I have teens now and I couldnt imagine hosting a keg party for their friends.  However, I do remember one particular set of parents who did it when I was a teen.   I dont know how they got away with it for years   and how other parents never ended up knowing.

anotherhalf
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I would never do it and if some parent gave my child alcohol I would report them to the police. It is absolutely not OK.
psych_mom
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Um, no I wouldn't do it and I would be very angry and press for charges against the parents that did do it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

i could not do it but my parents growing up were very lenient they would never though a keg party but we had alcohol from time to time with our friends and it was okay. me nor my sister turned into raging alcoholics or anything but i don't think it is Right to make your home a safe place to drink other parents trust you to watch over there children as they would do the same for you. i do believe that a parent should let there older teen know that you would rather pick them up drunk to ensure there safety then risk them driving so some openness in this area is good just have limits.

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Oct. 22, 2013 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this
He'll no and I'd report anyone who does.
Alexsi1
by Alexandra on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crrodgers29
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this
No. I work at a bar and at night a big part of my job is keeping the underage from drinking, I'm not going to let them do it at my house. My stepson is 14 and has had a beer (not from my house) and when I found out I made sure he knew the consequences of drinking and that alcoholism runs in his family.
tcallisto
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:18 AM
2 moms liked this

No way.  I have a child in high schoool, and those boys sober make bad judgement calls most of the time.. LOL.  I can't imagine what would happen if they were drinking.  Especially since it is illegal.  I would be livid if my son was allowed to drink on someone elses property.  I was not a perfect child and did plenty of drinking in high school and remember the stupid choices we all made. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I am so happy to see that there are people who agree that it's wrong! I know someone who did that for his under aged kids and even when parents confronted him about it, he just told them to ask their kid about where they were. I cannot imagine how his wife allowed such things to go on like that in her home!

1985Supersport
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I wouldn't do it. But, if the child was going to drink then, I'd be happier if they did it at home in front of me.  Now a days though you can't even have drinking parties without cops busting down your doors. Who has the right to tell you what you can do in your own home??? It should be no bodies business but your own. But, I also wouldn't allow a child of mine that were drinking at home to go out an get into their cars an drive off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)