Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

WHY are you a SAHM?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 709 Replies
2 moms liked this

I'm sorry if a lot of moms don't agree with me but I don't get the point of a SAHM. I can definelty understand if you absolutely need to be. For example, if you cannot afford daycare or if your husband is in the army, health reason or simply if you have a few kids that aren't in school yet. But if all your kids are in school and there is literally no reason why you are staying home, WHY are you?! What do you literally have to do that you can not work?! I don't get it. I can make dinner, clean, takes are of kids and do every single thing that a SAHM can do on top of working 40 hours a week. What is so hard about doing that? It's called life. On top of that, what if your husband /SO loses his job or he leaves you?? Wouldn't you want a back up plan? I just don't get it. I simply don't.

Also in my opinion, this economy is not any place to be doing the 1950's BS. people lose their jobs left and right. My SO has a degree in IT networking( which is a very high demanding job) and every single one of the jobs he has had have not lasted longer than 2 months because of the screwed up economy. That's why I always like to have a job to back it up until he finds another one.

So please inform me on why you are if your kids are in school and you have no other reason? So I can at least try to understand. And I don't want any of that "my husband makes so much so I don't need to work" shit. That's the biggest mooching excuse I have EVER heard. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:09 PM
41 moms liked this
It sounds more like you want to judge us, not understand.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:11 PM
27 moms liked this

Why the hell does it bother YOU so much? Why is this something you feel the need to post about? If you don't understand it, you're not supposed to. Worry about the shit that's going on in your home like your dh not being able to find a stable job or HIM possibly leaving you whether YOU have a job or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:11 PM
15 moms liked this
My kids are homeschooled so they aren't in school. I want to enjoy their childhoods and I refuse to let the "what ifs" of life ruin mine. I would have to pay daycare and drive 40 miles each way to work (rural area). It's not worth it.
You sound very bitter. What does it matter to you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:15 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm not worried about my SO finding a job because I have my own money. So that doesn't bother me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why the hell does it bother YOU so much? Why is this something you feel the need to post about? If you don't understand it, you're not supposed to. Worry about the shit that's going on in your home like your dh not being able to find a stable job or HIM possibly leaving you whether YOU have a job or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Well this doesn't apply to you anyway.

Quoting Anonymous:

My kids are homeschooled so they aren't in school. I want to enjoy their childhoods and I refuse to let the "what ifs" of life ruin mine. I would have to pay daycare and drive 40 miles each way to work (rural area). It's not worth it.
You sound very bitter. What does it matter to you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:16 PM
24 moms liked this

I dont have to..and its none of your business

Thats my answer...

And....guess what.... I dont care what you think.You dont matter.I care what my family thinks.

awesomemommy2
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:16 PM
8 moms liked this

If unemployment is high how would adding more people to the workforce be good for the economy?

VWatson411
by New Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:19 PM
14 moms liked this
At first it was because we couldn't afford daycare, even for just the one child we had at the time. Now we have 3. The youngest will be starting Kindergarten next year and I do not plan on going back to work after 10 years of staying at home. I have only a high school education. I don't wish to go back to school, at all. My dh makes over 100k a year and I don't consider myself as a mooch because we live off his income. It's OUR decision for me to stay at home. Failed marriage is not an option for us so having a back up plan for that reason kinda says it's okay if our marriage doesn't work out. I feel if I were to work I've just prevented one other person from having a work position they really need. So I'm doing a service to the economy for staying home. Also, we run a family business in our free time. In a couple years my husband will give his job to someone else in need. Having two sahparents is the ideal lifestyle for us. Plus I can't see myself allowing someone else to raise my children for me.
RaisinGirl78
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:24 PM
9 moms liked this

I'm still a SAHM because I want to be. 

Kfdmrw9312
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:28 PM
16 moms liked this

I still don't get why people are so hung up on people who are stay at home moms or dads. They aren't part of your life, why try to figure out how they live their own? Lastly I think if there were a lot more stay at home parents who were actively involved more in their kids lives/kept tabs, etc, there would be much less teen pregnancies or drinking. Think about all the parents who have long hours at work and are not able to be around much...kids with too much free time on their hands and too little parental accountability is the breeding ground for trouble.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)